George Zimmerman: Weak Prosecution

Started by wolf39us, July 06, 2013, 05:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"I realize that these Zimmerman threads are full of internet tough guys that can take a good whack on the head with no ill effects. To see if you are one of them I propose an experiment. Get a video camera. Take it outside and set it up so that it has a good shot of you laying on your back on the sidewalk. Now lift your head up and let it fall back onto the concrete. As soon as it hits start saying your alphabet starting at some random letter. Now check the back of your head. Is it bleeding? No? Try it again a little bit harder. Repeat until you have blood running from two different places. Were you able to successfully repeat your alphabet each time you hit your head? Yes? Congratulations, you are a certified badass. No? Congratulations, now you know how Zimmerman felt.
Sidewalk. Right.

Anymore bullshit you feel like repeating?

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"Do we really know that? According to Rachel Jeantel's testimony it was Trayvon that issued the first challenge when he asked Zimmerman why he was following him. That's not that much different than Zimmerman's story except in his version the question was followed by a punch in nose. Even then if Trayvon would have stopped there he'd likely still be alive. He could have turned around and left Zimmerman sitting on his ass in the wet grass. But the evidence says he didn't do that. The evidence says he mounted Zimmerman and began pummeling him. And that is where Trayvon Martin became the master of his own fate.
Right, slug a guy who might be armed, leave him there, run away. Definitely a smart idea. No, you stay there, and you hit him until he stops getting up. When you're unarmed and the other guy is armed, this is the only way to remove the threat. The only thing different I would have done in Martin's shoes is that I would have actually tried incapacitating/killing Zimmerman, not just hammering at him like an untrained idiot. But then, I'm an adult and actually have martial arts training; two advantages Martin did not have.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Shiranu"OMG how dare you blah blah blah

What was conspicuously absent from your post was a denial of what I was stating about your position. Instead of denying it, because you absolutely can't, you decided to try to turn it on me using issues that have nothing to do with this case or situation. A drone strike in another country has nothing to do with a domestic murder trial. A fictitious red herring seituation about pedophilia that doesn't exist doesn;t have anything to do with it either.

I'm completely correct about your reaction and you know it. So instead you tried to justify it.

Quote from: "Shiranu"I think the law should be there to protect innocent civilians... fuck me, right?

Yes fuck you, because that isn't what you're concerned about. You determine who is innocent and worthy of legal protection based not on reason, but on your feelings and initial snap impressions of a given situation. You decided instantly what had happened in this case when it first came to light 2 years ago. I know because I was there reading it. Not for an instant has your resolve wavered, not even in the face of media redaction, pictures of Zimmerman covered in blood, new info about Martin holding guns in photos and calling white people crackers. Nothing has shaken your steadfast certainty that Zimmerman is a racist murderer. Its pure zealotry. What a laugh that you would dare to suggest my outlook is reminiscent of theism when you are engaged in full blown reality denial, and have adopted the longtime tactic of religious zealots to change whatever they don't agree with.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Shiranu

"Your position is bullshit."

"Actually it's not, and here is the evidence as to why it's not."

"LOLLOLLOLOL NO U STUPID BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

Okay, Kent Ham...

QuoteI'm completely correct about your reaction and you know it. So instead you tried to justify it.

Are you now. If your position is, "I believe the law should be there to protect innocent people, and doesn't deserve respect just because its the law." then damn, you got me coach. Congrats.

However, it is not a red herring; you are telling me...

1. "Respect the law, even if I disagree with it."
2. I respond, "Fine, then I will hold you to the same standard; respect the law, even if YOU disagree with it."
3. To which you respond, "LOL NO, IT'S DIFFERENT WHEN ITS SOMETHING I DISAGREE WITH!"

The difference is one is legal at a federal level, the other a state. That's it. The law stands that drone strikes are legal; so when you complain about drone strikes YOU are not respecting the law.

Likewise, there HAVE been priests who have gotten away with pedophilia, don't even act like that doesn't happen. And yet for some reason I don't see you saying, "Well golly gee, I guess these priests weren't raping little boys then! The law said they are innocent and that's good enough for me!".

So it's no red herring, you're just a fucking hypocrite.

QuoteNot for an instant has your resolve wavered, not even in the face of media redaction...

So let me get this right... one second I find Zimmerman guilty only because the media told me to... but now you are telling me the media was telling me NOT to find him guilty...

Okay, raving internet blowhard...

Quote...pictures of Zimmerman covered in blood...

I have posted those pictures, and if you think that is "covered in blood" than you haven't seen anyone get ACTUALLY fucked up. I have been covered in more blood than that and yet I didn't feel the need to shoot someone for it.

Quote..., new info about Martin holding guns in photos and calling white people crackers.

Oh, I see... so now I am suppose to find Martin guilty because of irrelevant information. Hmmm...

Quote...you decided to try to turn it on me using issues that have nothing to do with this case or situation.

Say's that, then does the same thing in his post several times.

QuoteNothing has shaken your steadfast certainty that Zimmerman is a racist murderer.

I'm sorry, but you are just a fucking idiot. I have tried about 5 different ways of responding to this, but all of them are incapable of expressing just how fucking retarded that comment was. The fact that you believe that's my position has shown just how far down the loony toon tracks you have gotten.

But no, everyone else is the racist, raving loony  blowhard...

Okay, Panasonic PT-AR100U...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

You forgot to count how many different kinds of stupid his post was. How are the rest of us supposed to get a laugh out of this if you don't do that?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"I realize that these Zimmerman threads are full of internet tough guys that can take a good whack on the head with no ill effects. To see if you are one of them I propose an experiment. Get a video camera. Take it outside and set it up so that it has a good shot of you laying on your back on the sidewalk. Now lift your head up and let it fall back onto the concrete. As soon as it hits start saying your alphabet starting at some random letter. Now check the back of your head. Is it bleeding? No? Try it again a little bit harder. Repeat until you have blood running from two different places. Were you able to successfully repeat your alphabet each time you hit your head? Yes? Congratulations, you are a certified badass. No? Congratulations, now you know how Zimmerman felt.
Sidewalk. Right.
[ Image ]
Anymore bullshit you feel like repeating?

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"Do we really know that? According to Rachel Jeantel's testimony it was Trayvon that issued the first challenge when he asked Zimmerman why he was following him. That's not that much different than Zimmerman's story except in his version the question was followed by a punch in nose. Even then if Trayvon would have stopped there he'd likely still be alive. He could have turned around and left Zimmerman sitting on his ass in the wet grass. But the evidence says he didn't do that. The evidence says he mounted Zimmerman and began pummeling him. And that is where Trayvon Martin became the master of his own fate.
Right, slug a guy who might be armed, leave him there, run away. Definitely a smart idea. No, you stay there, and you hit him until he stops getting up. When you're unarmed and the other guy is armed, this is the only way to remove the threat. The only thing different I would have done in Martin's shoes is that I would have actually tried incapacitating/killing Zimmerman, not just hammering at him like an untrained idiot. But then, I'm an adult and actually have martial arts training; two advantages Martin did not have.
No Hijiri, What you do is not slug anyone to begin with.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"No Hijiri, What you do is not slug anyone to begin with.
No Popeyes, what you do is not follow a guy against NHW regulations and police instructions and make him think he needs to do so in the first place.

We can do this all day, bud.

The Skeletal Atheist

So if someone is following you, you punch them rather than try to get away first? Oh geeze, I didn't know I should just punch people, then ask questions later.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Shiranu""Your position is bullshit."

"Actually it's not, and here is the evidence as to why it's not."

"LOLLOLLOLOL NO U STUPID BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

Okay, Kent Ham...

LOL when did you ever present evidence? Asserting your own fantasy about what happened is not the same as presenting evidence.

Quote from: "Shiranu"Are you now. If your position is, "I believe the law should be there to protect innocent people, and doesn't deserve respect just because its the law." then damn, you got me coach. Congrats.

Try "I want to be able to treat certain defendants differently under the law based on how I feel about them".

Quote from: "Shiranu"However, it is not a red herring; you are telling me...

1. "Respect the law, even if I disagree with it."
2. I respond, "Fine, then I will hold you to the same standard; respect the law, even if YOU disagree with it."
3. To which you respond, "LOL NO, IT'S DIFFERENT WHEN ITS SOMETHING I DISAGREE WITH!"

But thats just it Shiranu, I doubt you actually disagree with the law though I imagine you will deny it just to be contrary. What you disagree with is the outcome the law produced in this particular situation. Certainly I haven't seen you offer any suggestions as to how the law could be improved (though that could be because you are aware how much of a verbal shredding you would be opening yourself to by suggesting a change). Your primary beef is that the law didn;t work the way you wanted to, and like an irrational thoughtless child your snap reaction was to assault the law instead of considering the possibility that it worked exactly the way it should have worked and that you personally were wrong this whole fucking time.

As to those other situations you described, as I said before they are different. The drone strikes I'm not even sure are fucking legal. This is a super grey area. I feel pretty sure it isn't permitted for the Federal Government to assassinate american citizens. A lot of shit is happening outside the bounds of the law right now and this could easily be one of them. So that situation in my mind has nothing to do with a trial conducted properly in our justice system.

The problem with your pedophilia scenatio is you said "So... if a priest rapes a little boy, and the law says he did nothing wrong, will you still be here saying, "Boy... guess I sure was wrong about that pedophile! Silly me!". How come I highly doubt that?"

See how that works? See how you completely skipped past the part about whether or not the priest ACTUALLY DID IT? You do realize, I hope on some level, that not all allegations against priests are automatically 100% legitimate right? Just like when there are allegations that a non black person shoots a black person and they claim self defense, he is not automatically guilty. Right? You do know that right?

I want proof that priest raped that kid. No, I absolutely am NOT willing to put him away based on, frankly, nothing more substantial than the clergy's history of child abuse. I am not willing to judge a situation purely on the background history of similar crimes.

Quote from: "Shiranu"So let me get this right... one second I find Zimmerman guilty only because the media told me to... but now you are telling me the media was telling me NOT to find him guilty...

Okay, raving internet blowhard...

I was pointing out that even when the media made it clear they had misrepresented the facts and made a blatant attempt to stir up shit, your position on the issue didn't waver in the slightest. It had no effect whatsoever. You were still 100% sure Zimmerman was a racist murderer.

Quote from: "Shiranu"I have posted those pictures, and if you think that is "covered in blood" than you haven't seen anyone get ACTUALLY fucked up. I have been covered in more blood than that and yet I didn't feel the need to shoot someone for it.

You posted the tamest possible pictures you possibly could, where medical treatment had already been given and the intial blood had already been cleaned off. How about this picture?

This was taken before paramedics applied any first aid. Marting punched him so hard his nose was disjointed. The paramedic had to pop it back into place manually. But thats neither here nor there. Your absolutely batshit insane position has been adn apparently remains that Zimmerman should have let himself get the shit beaten out of him enough to convince you that he had a good enough reason to defend himself with his weapon. Nobody is going to let themselves continue to get destroyed. Nobody is going to think "oh hey, better let him smash my head against the sidewalk a few more times in case they don't believe me".

Such a dumbass argument.

Quote from: "Shiranu"Oh, I see... so now I am suppose to find Martin guilty because of irrelevant information. Hmmm...

Legally irrelevant information is sure a fuck of a lot better than some of the fabricated conspiracy "facts" ive seen being thrown around here such as the repeated suggestion that all of Zimmerman's wounds are self inflicted.

Also, it ceases to be irrelevant when we are talking about why Martin would attack Zimmerman, which we were several pages back. Some people, perhaps you, have asserted that if Martin did attack Zimmerman, then it was justified because he was scared or something. When talking about his state of mind, the fact that he was a racist punk isn't irrelevant information because it opens up the possibility that Martin acted from a motivation other than fear.

Quote from: "Shiranu"I'm sorry, but you are just a fucking idiot. I have tried about 5 different ways of responding to this, but all of them are incapable of expressing just how fucking retarded that comment was. The fact that you believe that's my position has shown just how far down the loony toon tracks you have gotten.

But no, everyone else is the racist, raving loony blowhard...

Okay, Panasonic PT-AR100U...

Well fuck you too douchebag. Your head is about as dense as neutron star matter. You are totally blind to your own glaring faults. Your a goddamn dimwit Shiranu. An overly emotional, fact denying, head in the sand dimwit and its as simple as that.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

aitm

*Mod* Let us all take it down a notch.....I can lock this as it looks its going to more shit fest than needed.  Perhaps the art of ignoring should be put to use. It is easy.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

So you say.

I think you have already made a sufficient fool of yourself and everyone sees it, so my job here is done. Thank you for playing along :).

Edit: At nonsense, not you aitm.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"So if someone is following you, you punch them rather than try to get away first? Oh geeze, I didn't know I should just punch people, then ask questions later.
The quoting out of context is strong with this one.

aitm

Quote from: "wolf39us"just putting this here...

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... n_hel.html
irrelevant...we all know its a conservative tea party staged accident to gain sympathy for zimmerman....damn rat bastards
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jmpty

Quote from: "wolf39us"just putting this here...

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... n_hel.html

I know, right? And I heard on fox news that Trayvon Martin Kicked a puppy once.
???  ??

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Nonsensei"
Quote from: "Shiranu"OMG how dare you blah blah blah

What was conspicuously absent from your post was a denial of what I was stating about your position. Instead of denying it, because you absolutely can't, you decided to try to turn it on me using issues that have nothing to do with this case or situation. A drone strike in another country has nothing to do with a domestic murder trial. A fictitious red herring seituation about pedophilia that doesn't exist doesn;t have anything to do with it either.

I'm completely correct about your reaction and you know it. So instead you tried to justify it.

Quote from: "Shiranu"I think the law should be there to protect innocent civilians... fuck me, right?

Yes fuck you, because that isn't what you're concerned about. You determine who is innocent and worthy of legal protection based not on reason, but on your feelings and initial snap impressions of a given situation. You decided instantly what had happened in this case when it first came to light 2 years ago. I know because I was there reading it. Not for an instant has your resolve wavered, not even in the face of media redaction, pictures of Zimmerman covered in blood, new info about Martin holding guns in photos and calling white people crackers. Nothing has shaken your steadfast certainty that Zimmerman is a racist murderer. Its pure zealotry. What a laugh that you would dare to suggest my outlook is reminiscent of theism when you are engaged in full blown reality denial, and have adopted the longtime tactic of religious zealots to change whatever they don't agree with.

Yanno..............  you always scold me when I do that 'fuck you' thing.  Grrrrr.   Wtf?  Thought the 'fuck you' thing was on your 'thou shall not' list ??

You guys need to dial back a notch or twelve. EEgads  Why is this making SUCH fights between people? I do not get it??
eeeesh
 :shock:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.