George Zimmerman: Weak Prosecution

Started by wolf39us, July 06, 2013, 05:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/cr ... alysts-say

QuoteThe prosecution of George Zimmerman for second-degree murder in the killing of Trayvon Martin last year appears to be collapsing, thanks in large part to testimony offered by witnesses called by prosecutors, according to legal experts and analysts. Even though the judge refused to allow Martin's history of drug use, fighting, and school suspensions into evidence, explosive witness testimony provided during the trial may still prove devastating to authorities and their bid to convict Zimmerman.

More than a few commentators have suggested that the murder charges were concocted to satisfy race profiteers, the out-of-control U.S. Justice Department, and the establishment media. Critics of the prosecution, including heavy-hitting law professors and attorneys, say prosecutors have engaged in ethical violations in what appears, to many analysts at least, to be an over-zealous bid to convict Zimmerman in the absence of solid evidence.  

Hijiri Byakuren

Well, don't count your chickens before they hatch. The prosecution may seem weak in the court of public opinion, but public opinion means jack diddly if the jury feels that the prosecution made its case.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Seabear

Cases are won and lost in jury selection. If the prosecution was trying to "throw" the case, they could have done it there as well.
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

josephpalazzo

_Xenu_

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"It was a weak case to begin with.
I've never really expected a conviction.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Jmpty

Quote from: "wolf39us"http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/15909-zimmerman-prosecution-imploding-analysts-say

QuoteThe prosecution of George Zimmerman for second-degree murder in the killing of Trayvon Martin last year appears to be collapsing, thanks in large part to testimony offered by witnesses called by prosecutors, according to legal experts and analysts. Even though the judge refused to allow Martin's history of drug use, fighting, and school suspensions into evidence, explosive witness testimony provided during the trial may still prove devastating to authorities and their bid to convict Zimmerman.

More than a few commentators have suggested that the murder charges were concocted to satisfy race profiteers, the out-of-control U.S. Justice Department, and the establishment media. Critics of the prosecution, including heavy-hitting law professors and attorneys, say prosecutors have engaged in ethical violations in what appears, to many analysts at least, to be an over-zealous bid to convict Zimmerman in the absence of solid evidence.  

I didn't figure you for a John Bircher, Wolf.
???  ??

wolf39us

I don't even know who this John Bircher is.  I merely came across this via Google

Jmpty

The New American is the John Birch Society magazine.
???  ??

Jmpty

I haven't been following the case, but I wouldn't make any bets based on what The New American opines.
???  ??

Seabear

True, but let's not throw out the baby with the bath water. JBS is pretty far right wing, but that doesn't necessarily mean what they have to say in this instance is automatically wrong.

Like I have written before, regardless of what you feel is right or wrong in this case, there is a precedence of law in this country. Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law was on the books at the time, and that precedence is going to be hard to overcome by the prosecution, especially since only one side gets to tell their side of the story.
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

aitm

I don't expect Zim to get convicted. The whole thing is a show, demanded by outraged folks who think that demanding a higher consequence for shit you cannot prove somehow makes the proving less necessary. Crazy think.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Seabear

Quote from: "aitm"I don't expect Zim to get convicted. The whole thing is a show, demanded by outraged folks who think that demanding a higher consequence for shit you cannot prove somehow makes the proving less necessary. Crazy think.

100% agree. It's nothing more than capitulating to the masses in order to avoid racial unrest like the LA riots after the Rodney King verdict. Ironically, when Zim gets acquitted (which I think he will), there may still be riots. They may have only delayed the inevitable.

Unless of course we just lynch Zimmerman to appease the public. Fuck the law - let's vote on what happens to him, like the coliseum in ancient Rome!

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "Seabear"True, but let's not throw out the baby with the bath water. JBS is pretty far right wing, but that doesn't necessarily mean what they have to say in this instance is automatically wrong.

Like I have written before, regardless of what you feel is right or wrong in this case, there is a precedence of law in this country. Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law was on the books at the time, and that precedence is going to be hard to overcome by the prosecution, especially since only one side gets to tell their side of the story.
If Zimmerman's story is true stand your ground never applied in this case. Even in states without stand your ground laws there is no duty to retreat when someone is sitting on your chest punching you in the face. That's why the defense didn't take that position, and the only time it has been talked about was the press saying what a terrible law it is.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Jmpty

You guys should check out some of the other stories in The New American. Apparently death panels ARE real.
???  ??

PopeyesPappy

Well yea. Insurance companies have employed them for years.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.