Referee beheaded by fans for killing player

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, July 06, 2013, 07:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

OK, admit it, y'all thought it was Iran or some shit right?  :P

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/sout ... 20459.html

QuoteSouth American Football - Referee beheaded by fans for killing player

There were absolutely horrific scenes at an amateur football match in Brazil when spectators lynched a referee and put his head on a stake after he had killed a player.

The barely believable incident happened in Maranhao, Brazil, last Sunday.
According to reports in Brazil, referee Otavio Jordao da Silva (20) fatally stabbed footballer Josenir dos Santos Abreu (30) during a heated moment of a match.
Santos Abreu is believed to have argued and then struck the referee after being unhappy with a decision.
It is believed the referee was carrying a knife throughout the match and fatally stabbed the player in retaliation.
Santos Abreu was rushed to hospital but died from injuries on the way.
Outraged by the incident, some spectators then apparently decided to inflict a gruesome revenge on the referee.
According to reports, the referee was tied up, beaten, stoned and quartered. They then put his head on a stake and planted it in the middle of the pitch.
One man, Luiz Moraes de Souza, 27, has been arrested over the incident. He has admitted to assaulting the referee but denied killing the man. Police are searching for two more suspects.
They are currently viewing video footage of the incident filmed by a witness with a mobile phone.
In a statement, the regional delegate of Santa Ines, Valter Costa, who is looking after the case, said: "One crime never justifies another crime. Actions likes this do not collaborate with the legality of state law."

Bloody hell....  :shock:

Shiranu

Why would I have thought it was Iran, Latin America is the place that goes ape-shit over its soccer...

You reap what you sow... murdering someone infront of a crowd probably isn't the best way to conduct yourself if you don't want your head on a stake.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Johan

I will never understand fans of any sport.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Shiranu

It's pretty simple... you get passionate about something you enjoy.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Johan

Well that part is obvious. So let me rephrase. I will never understand why anyone enjoys watching adults play children's games.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

They'll be hosting the Olympics in 2016. Shit's gonna get real, yo.  :-D

Shiranu

Quote from: "Johan"Well that part is obvious. So let me rephrase. I will never understand why anyone enjoys watching adults play children's games.

Because they aren't children's games?

FrankDK

> I will never understand why anyone enjoys watching adults play children's games.

I'm with you.  The rabid fans of any of these sports absolutely baffle me.

Frank

Johan

QuoteBecause they aren't children's games?

Says you. Baseball, football, basketball, soccer were all games I played when I was kid. Then I grew up. Now I couldn't care less about playing them and I certainly couldn't care less about watching adults play them. I don't understand the attraction and I probably never will.

Who won? Who cares. It has zero impact on my life nor the life of anyone else unless they let it have an impact. In which case, much like religion, any perceived effect positive or negative, is all in their head.

Shiranu

QuoteSays you. Baseball, football, basketball, soccer were all games I played when I was kid. Then I grew up.

I also ran as a kid. I also swam as a kid. Doesn't mean I out grew them. It has nothing to do with age, it has to do with interests. It's a physical activity and a challenge, just like dance, skating or anything of that sort.

QuoteNow I couldn't care less about playing them and I certainly couldn't care less about watching adults play them. I don't understand the attraction and I probably never will.

I couldn't care less about poker and couldn't care less about watching people play it. I couldn't care less about NASCAR and couldn't care less about watching it.

But just because I am not interested in something doesn't mean I cant see why people enjoy them. There is shit I do that I KNOW people would consider boring as hell and I realize the way people see those things are the way I see people who like golf. Boring ass sport, stupid ass sport but I can still see why people enjoy it.

QuoteWho won? Who cares. It has zero impact on my life nor the life of anyone else unless they let it have an impact. In which case, much like religion, any perceived effect positive or negative, is all in their head.

Welcome to humanity, you must be new here.

Sports are one of the best way to keep the body in shape and we are a tribal creature that easily attaches to groups like sports teams. And we ARE our heads, so any positive or negative effect is real for them even if it isn't for you.

Johan

Quote from: "Shiranu"Sports are one of the best way to keep the body in shape

This guy looks like he's in great shape.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Johan"

This guy looks like he's in great shape.

[ Image ]

Fail.

The Skeletal Atheist

Now that's more like the Mayan/Aztec sports that should be played! No more of that pussy "time out" shit - if you fuck up you get stabbed. For the stabbing you get the honor of being sacrificed to the gods to ensure a better harvest! Hell yeah!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

hrdlr110

Quote from: "Johan"Well that part is obvious. So let me rephrase. I will never understand why anyone enjoys watching adults play children's games.

Easily identified as the words of a true non-athlete!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

the_antithesis

Watching someone else exercise is not very good exercise. Especially considering the beer involved.