News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Waffle House or iHop

Started by wolf39us, July 05, 2013, 10:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I voted Perkins not because I actually like Perkins, but my son is a manager of a Perkins in Oakridge Tennessee. He's qualified to slowly kill tea baggers through fat induced artery diseases. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Agramon

Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"
Quote from: "Agramon"As if I needed more reasons to eat bacon.  :-D
I had home-made avocado ice cream with bacon topping last night.
You're a goddamned monster.

I put bacon to the test last night and awoke with no hangover (which is pretty impressive given the amount of alcohol I consumed). We need a larger sample size of course, but now there's a +1 on the bacon side.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Agramon"
Quote from: "Agramon"As if I needed more reasons to eat bacon.  :-D
I had home-made avocado ice cream with bacon topping last night.
You're a goddamned monster.
I know.
QuoteI put bacon to the test last night and awoke with no hangover (which is pretty impressive given the amount of alcohol I consumed). We need a larger sample size of course, but now there's a +1 on the bacon side.
Heartstopper breakfast before you go to bed and you'll be fine in the AM.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Just so you know..artery disease isn't a lot of fun, but on the bright side if you go to OSU hospital here in Columbus to have a stress test done the nurses are really hot! :) I'm considering a heart attack soon!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Just so you know..artery disease isn't a lot of fun, but on the bright side if you go to OSU hospital here in Columbus to have a stress test done the nurses are really hot! :) I'm considering a heart attack soon!
I'm immune to AHD. My arteries don't harden. Docs hate me. And my seven layer bacon/cheese/jalapeno sandwiches.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jack89

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Just so you know..artery disease isn't a lot of fun, but on the bright side if you go to OSU hospital here in Columbus to have a stress test done the nurses are really hot! :) I'm considering a heart attack soon!
I'm immune to AHD. My arteries don't harden. Docs hate me. And my seven layer bacon/cheese/jalapeno sandwiches.
I'm convinced it's the carbs that kill and not heavenly bacon.  I've done the lower carb, increased fat thing for a few years now and the doc says I'm healthy as a horse.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Jack89"
I'm convinced it's the carbs that kill and not heavenly bacon.  I've done the lower carb, increased fat thing for a few years now and the doc says I'm healthy as a horse.
I started carb counting and my blood sugar went from 300 to 124 without drugs. I'm convinced.
PZ Myers

Plu

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"
Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"
Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"You guys wake up at home every day of your lives?

No but as plu said, usually friends will provide breakfast or whatever.

Aside from that, maybe going to a pub for breakfast food if you're traveling.
Perhaps this is where the misunderstanding is. Plu mentioned eating at the hotel. Many hotels in the US do not have restaurants. Others serve a continental breakfast which often borders on inedible. Plus while all of the places mentioned in this thread serve breakfast foods, many of them 24 hours a day, none of them limit their menus to breakfast foods.

Ah. Yeah, we have plenty of all-night restaurants that cater to the drunks by giving them unhealthy high-fat goods. Nobody calls them "breakfast restaurants" though :P

But I guess that explains it, then :)

Colanth

My wife prefers WH, because of the grits.  But when we travel the I-95 corridor, it's Great American Steak House off Exit 1 in Virginia (just over the bridge from DC) for supper and breakfast.  When we go to Dallas it's Pappadeaux for dinner, even if I have to skip a few breakfasts.  (I'd even have crawfish ettouffee and dirty rice for breakfast.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.