News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Waffle House or iHop

Started by wolf39us, July 05, 2013, 10:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"
Quote from: "Plu"The idea of a breakfast restaurant is completely alien to me. (So I voted other). You can probably get breakfast at some places here, but most aren't even open early enough to serve it. Everyone here just eats at home in the morning.

What kind of stuff do they serve in a breakfast restaurant anyway? Eggs and pancakes? Or is there more stuff?

White folk at the Cracker Barrel.

But I agree with this. Breakfast restaurants? Guess everyone in the US is just so damn busy to stop and eat it at home
I like to eat breakfast before I go home from the bars.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Agramon

Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"I like to eat breakfast before I go home from the bars.
^This. I've found that if I get a bit of food after a night of drinking, the punishment the next day is much less severe.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Agramon"
Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"I like to eat breakfast before I go home from the bars.
^This. I've found that if I get a bit of food after a night of drinking, the punishment the next day is much less severe.
I can drink all night, then get maybe six cups of coffee and I'm good to drive.

To El Paso.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"You guys wake up at home every day of your lives?

No but as plu said, usually friends will provide breakfast or whatever.

Aside from that, maybe going to a pub for breakfast food if you're traveling.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

mykcob4

The thing is that IHOP, Denny's, Waffle House and most "breakfast resturants" cater to the afterhours crowd. That is that they serve the drunks that close down the bars. I would guess that a good portion of patrons is that demographic. Also on Sundays they cater to the after church crowd which by all accounts is the same crowd on a different day and a different time period. Then there are the travelers. In America a great number of people drive, and while on the road they stop at breakfast places to eat and relax. Coffee is the number one factor in these places. You can loiter and drink coffee and noone is worried how long you stay. Some homeless loiter in such places and when it's cold it's good for them to have a place to go inside. Since coffee is about a buck and the cup is unlimited, and they have restrooms, homeless can get a break from the rigors of living rough.

stromboli

It's the bacon. Greasy meat tends to slow down the effects of alcohol absorption or some shit. Supposedly good for hangovers.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"
Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"You guys wake up at home every day of your lives?

No but as plu said, usually friends will provide breakfast or whatever.

Aside from that, maybe going to a pub for breakfast food if you're traveling.
Perhaps this is where the misunderstanding is. Plu mentioned eating at the hotel. Many hotels in the US do not have restaurants. Others serve a continental breakfast which often borders on inedible. Plus while all of the places mentioned in this thread serve breakfast foods, many of them 24 hours a day, none of them limit their menus to breakfast foods.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Agramon

Quote from: "stromboli"

It's the bacon. Greasy meat tends to slow down the effects of alcohol absorption or some shit. Supposedly good for hangovers.
As if I needed more reasons to eat bacon.  :-D
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Notthesun

There are two places in my area called Popular Cafe and Guasti's. They're amazing.

I also love Coco's.
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Jmpty

I miss Al's Breakfast in Mpls. Just one counter, about 15 people at a time. Open 5 am to noon. Great Breakfast.
???  ??

aitm

The waffle house is the worlds most secretive and mysterious place ever. They have the same three waitresses in every town in every state and the same short order cook with the knarly nose and the rotted teeth and the greasy hair. The waitresses are fat, reek of smoke one has two nasty moles on her neck with three inch black hair sprouting out of them and another looks like your grandmother on crack but already dead, and the last one has greyish hair that looks like it was caught in a fan and she smells of cat urine, they all call you sweetie, sweetheart or honey yet you know they have several bodies under their bed or in the basement, maybe a couple still moving.... the restrooms look more like outhouses at a state park and smell the same, the kitchen has roaches big enough to mug the rats and enough to actually move chairs during what they call, "cleaning" which apparently consists of sloping dirty water on the floor and letting it dry to a nice haze and then hoping the customers take out the dirt on the bottom of their shoes....

god i love their hashbrowns
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

I have a problem with these places because I worked graveyard at Sambo's in Salt Lake on North Temple for six months. Putting out the same slop every breakfast takes the taste out, I assure you. Besides, I know what goes on behind the serving wall. Be nice to your waitress. Trust me.

EntirelyOfThisWorld

No waffle house around here, but if IHOP is the competition, it can't be good.  I have a couple of mom nad pop joints that my wife an I frequent.  Not all little indie places are good, but some are, which is more than can be said of those big chain vomitoria.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

Jack89

Waffle House.  No contest in my neck of the woods.  I visit our local one every week or two.  They have a pretty good crew at our local joint.  Everyone's energetic and friendly, and the food's not half bad.  

I ate there this morning as a matter of fact and ordered the All Star Special with eggs over easy, grits, wheat toast, bacon, a plain waffle with maple syrup, and a cup of joe.

Good stuff.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Agramon"As if I needed more reasons to eat bacon.  :-D
I had home-made avocado ice cream with bacon topping last night.
PZ Myers