News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Waffle House or iHop

Started by wolf39us, July 05, 2013, 10:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Okay so I've had the best of both worlds...  Being from New Haven, CT I've only had iHops available in my area.  But now that I live in Florida, Waffle House (awful house LOL) is my main choice.  Everything is cheaper AND tastier

So let's hear it, where's your favorite breakfast joint?

mykcob4

IHOPs are far cleaner than Waffle Houses and that is the reason I voted the way I did. I don't like chain resturants as a rule but I do eat in them about once a month. They opened a Dairy Queen near me this month and it is packed 24/7. It's greasy, fatty, high colesteral food, with loads of salt and sugar in every bite but it's very satisfying.

Solitary

:) First Watch. A really good selection of meals for breakfast. Always clean, provides newspapers to read, very good service, friendly people, and always great food. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

GIGO. Type 2 diabetes in 3.....2.....1.....

gussy

I've never been to an iHop but based on my experience at a Waffle House, I would have to pick iHop.

PopeyesPappy

Definitely Cracker Barrel over iHOP or Waffle House. For that matter I'd rather eat at a Denny's than iHOP or Waffle House.

If anyone is ever in Huntsville the Blue Plate Cafe is probably the best place for a country breakfast now that Aunt Eunice is dead and they closed the Country Cafe. Gibson's BBQ serves a pretty good breakfast too.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

GSOgymrat

Last time I went to Waffle House there were shells fragments in my scrambled eggs.

PickelledEggs

I only voted other because I can't eat anything other than (maybe) eggs at either (and most other pancake shops)... due to allergies.

Plu

The idea of a breakfast restaurant is completely alien to me. (So I voted other). You can probably get breakfast at some places here, but most aren't even open early enough to serve it. Everyone here just eats at home in the morning.

What kind of stuff do they serve in a breakfast restaurant anyway? Eggs and pancakes? Or is there more stuff?

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Plu"The idea of a breakfast restaurant is completely alien to me. (So I voted other). You can probably get breakfast at some places here, but most aren't even open early enough to serve it. Everyone here just eats at home in the morning.

What kind of stuff do they serve in a breakfast restaurant anyway? Eggs and pancakes? Or is there more stuff?

White folk at the Cracker Barrel.

But I agree with this. Breakfast restaurants? Guess everyone in the US is just so damn busy to stop and eat it at home
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

PopeyesPappy

You guys wake up at home every day of your lives?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Plu

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"You guys wake up at home every day of your lives?

Well no, but when I wake up at a friend's, they usually supply me with breakfast. And when you wake up in a hotel, the hotel serves breakfast, but that's usually only for guests. So there's no real reason to go out for breakfast.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Plu"What kind of stuff do they serve in a breakfast restaurant anyway? Eggs and pancakes? Or is there more stuff?
I just usually get a plate of bacon or taylor ham.

Jelly Penutbutter

The Ihop in the town I live in was shut down for funding the Taliban and Alkida
-JP

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "mykcob4"IHOPs are far cleaner than Waffle Houses and that is the reason I voted the way I did. I don't like chain resturants as a rule but I do eat in them about once a month. They opened a Dairy Queen near me this month and it is packed 24/7. It's greasy, fatty, high colesteral food, with loads of salt and sugar in every bite but it's very satisfying.
Love their breaded mushrooms. :drool:

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers