News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who killed Islam?

Started by Mai Mariarti, July 04, 2013, 01:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mai Mariarti

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"Islam is dead? Has anyone shared this little tidbit of information with the 1.5 billion Muslims scattered around planet?
And how many of them even go to a Mosque?

viocjit

Quote from: "Mai Mariarti"
Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"Islam is dead? Has anyone shared this little tidbit of information with the 1.5 billion Muslims scattered around planet?

This is an excellent question.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Mai Mariarti"
Unless it's significantly lower than the proportion of Christians who go to church, the answer is irrelevant. People will adhere to their religion regardless of how much they make use of its facilities. I've worked with Christians who are more devout than most of the local church-goers yet never attend. I can't imagine Muslims are terribly different in that regard.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "Mai Mariarti"Just because one calls themselves Muslim, doesn't mean they are Muslims. I know plenty of Muslims who say they are Muslims, but sleep around, get drunk, get high and never pray or go to a mosque.

Well yeah... Islam has fairly wide variations in observance, same as any other religion.  Who gets to decide who is or is not a muslim? You?

Quote from: "Mai Mariarti"True Islam IS dead.

What is 'true Islam'?  It ain't the 7th century any more.... things change sooner or later, right?  Shouldn't we applaud change?  If people are going to follow a religion then their religion needs to recognise the context in which is it practised and change accordingly.  When this fails to happen there will always be problems.

leo

Someone really kill Islam ? That's news to me . These disgusting religion is alive and kick ing . 1.5 billion people and growing.  I would like  to see Islam destroyed one day .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Sal1981

The only thing that will destroy Islam, or religion in general is education and better living conditions.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "Sal1981"The only thing that will destroy Islam, or religion in general is education and better living conditions.

... and for our countries to stop dicking around in their countries and propping up deeply unpopular dictatorships...

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Sal1981"The only thing that will destroy Islam, or religion in general is education and better living conditions.

And yet the UK, a state with some of the highest standards of living in the world, sees Islam as the biggest growing religious demographic.

I think it goes deeper than that. I think it goes to the heart of indoctranation and to the attitudes of 'communities', perhaps even the existance of 'communities' themselves. I think it's the insulation of people's within societies, and I think in addition that this is evident no matter where in the world one is.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: "Voskhod"The one who killed Islam was the prophet Mohammad himself.

Youd think so... he was a prick, but it doesn't matter if you are seen as righteous.

Its most unfortunate, really. Out of all the potential role models, THIS is your guy?

Cocoa Beware

QuoteI really like the first URL in its spirit. However the source of all these data is not given. I too can pull numbers out of my ass to prove something. Don't get me wrong i am not arguing with you but the source and conclusion of the author.
These "Grand Plan" schemes are more geared towards the paranoid (GOP type) which I do not subscribe to. Being a former Muslim, I don't need any no-Muslim telling me about a grand plan. I know there are none. Muslims stick to their way of thinking and don't budge and we think that because they are so firm in their beliefs, that there is a plan.
These assholes don't know what they had for lunch yesterday. and cutting and pasting snippets of what I or others say doesn't make an argument right. This "out of context" quoting has been practiced for as long as I can remember and doesn't add value to the argument or the logic.
Just because one calls themselves Muslim, doesn't mean they are Muslims. I know plenty of Muslims who say they are Muslims, but sleep around, get drunk, get high and never pray or go to a mosque.
These people are Muslims by name alone and don't mean anything. Christians are not supposed to eat pork either, just like Jews and Muslims. But how many Christians do you know who don't like to eat bacon?
True Islam IS dead. The fact that they are killing themselves left and right is not that they are stronger. Exactly the opposite. As the Japanese did at the end of the war. They killed themselves to save face and prove their resolve.
Islam is dead. It's dead because of the information flow through the internet. Face book and Tweeter did what you know it did.
People all around the world want to have a good time. They subconsciously know that this is the only time they get to feel good and alive. Once dead, they are dead and forgotten in one generation. That's why we are afraid of dying. Our subconscious knows the rest to be bullshit.
As Hafiz (one of the greatest poets of the Iranian race once said); Give me a slap in the face in cash now, keep the I owe yous for yourself.

I wish I could agree, but there are too many nations and people governed by Sharia Law to convince me Islam is on the decline. Apparently its still growing steadily.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "Cocoa Beware"I wish I could agree, but there are too many nations and people governed by Sharia Law to convince me Islam is on the decline. Apparently its still growing steadily.

I guess one thing we can hope for is that it becomes more dilute as it moves into other, non-majority countries.... I'm not going to get my hopes up though....

Colanth

Quote from: "Mai Mariarti"Just because one calls themselves Muslim, doesn't mean they are Muslims. I know plenty of Muslims who say they are Muslims, but sleep around, get drunk, get high and never pray or go to a mosque.
The No True Scotsman fallacy doesn't apply only to Christianity.

QuoteChristians are not supposed to eat pork either
Says who?  Not Christianity.  Christians, according to Christianity, aren't required to obey the Levitical laws.  (Although they claim that they're required to obey the ones they like to accuse others of violating.)

QuoteTrue Islam IS dead.
Religion, like all things, changes over time.  (Even though many theists claim that their religion has never changed.)  If you mean eighth-century Islam is dead, sure it is.  So is eighth-century Judaism and eighth-century Christianity.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.