How Fast Are You Moving Through Time?

Started by Solitary, July 04, 2013, 08:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Quote from: "Hakurei Reimu"
Quote from: "Solitary"If you knew who I am you wouldn't be so condescending.
Well, it's just tough titties for you that I don't, innit? If you ramble on like an old fool, don't be so surprised when you are treated accordingly.

Quotehttp://www.relativity.li/en/epstein2/read/c0_en/c1_en/ Watch and learn!

Or maybe you should pick one up and have a teacher explain it to you so you understand what it means. When you talk science you are talking about math and measurement. And why do you think I haven't "studied" the subject and don't understand it just because you disagree with me and the authority of the people I have mentioned that are actual scientists?
Hey, man, how about you read your own link more carefully? The interpretation you are presenting is called "Epstein's MYTH." It's an interpretation intending to aid understanding, not a presentation of a serious physical model.

As a matter of fact, I have Epstein's books, and have read them and have understood them, as an aid to visualization.

I know my relativity quite well enough, thank you. I would thank you if you would stop parasitizing off other scientists and try to understand this stuff for yourself.

I got it from your post, so who is parasitizing? That was my point for posting it so you would know, and now you let everyone else know you do it. Thanks! Solitary.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jason78

Quote from: "Solitary"so who is parasitizing?

Looks like plagiarism to me.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: "Solitary"I got it from your post, so who is parasitizing? That was my point for posting it so you would know, and now you let everyone else know you do it. Thanks! Solitary.
I do what? Actually read stuff that's sent my way, so that I may understand what I'm talking about? Epstein had an interesting interpretation of special relativity, but it's still just that — an interpretation. The details are wrong. If you stop with Epstein's Myth, your understanding will be distorted beyond usefulness.

Seriously. Learn the real stuff. It's a lot more interesting.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu