News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Thread!

Started by Notthesun, July 03, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "Shiranu"Attack on Titan is fucking amazing so far.
I thought it was boring as fuck, but I seem to be a minority there.

I don't think its boring but I don't care for the type of anime it is. As soon as I saw people getting brutally eaten I knew what the rest of the series was going to have in it and decided to pass. The frenzy the preteens were in over it helped me make the decision to avoid it as well.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Nonsensei"
I thought it was boring as fuck, but I seem to be a minority there.

I don't think its boring but I don't care for the type of anime it is. As soon as I saw people getting brutally eaten I knew what the rest of the series was going to have in it and decided to pass. The frenzy the preteens were in over it helped me make the decision to avoid it as well.
It's Bleach with giant zombies; and I already got sick of Bleach years ago.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

From what little I've seen so far, it seems alright.  The villains are a bit...odd.  And the art style isn't really my thing.  But I'll give it a shot.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Hydra009"
From what little I've seen so far, it seems alright.  The villains are a bit...odd.  And the art style isn't really my thing.  But I'll give it a shot.
I just started it too. I'm only about 3 episodes in, so I don't know how I feel about it yet. From what I saw so far, I'm liking it.

GrinningYMIR

The only Animes I used to watch were Starblazars and Robotech, and they came in at that time when you couldn't quite tell if it was truly anime or if it was just art done in a Japanese style.

if anyone has seen them, can you clear it up for me?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Notthesun

Started Attack on Titan as well. It's good so far.

Loving One Piece so much right now. Doflamingo <3
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Nonsensei

Watched the whole season of Shingeki no Kyojin. After you get past the first few episodes it becomes...really interesting.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Nonsensei"Watched the whole season of Shingeki no Kyojin. After you get past the first few episodes it becomes...really interesting.
Yeah i just finished it too. I thought it was really good. Definately one of the better ones I've watched. Watch out for the twist at the end of... well, pretty much every episode.  :lol:

I'm partitioning my External HDD so it can be read on my PS3 so right now I'm using the Crackle App on there to watch Negima.

I'm only a few episodes in... I'm not sure what I think about it yet. lol :-?  :lol:

Hijiri Byakuren

Just bought an anime called "Ghost Hunt" on iTunes that I'm watching during my workout. It's no Great Work, but it's good entertainment.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Just bought an anime called "Ghost Hunt" on iTunes that I'm watching during my workout. It's no Great Work, but it's good entertainment.
Is it more action or dialogue based?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Just bought an anime called "Ghost Hunt" on iTunes that I'm watching during my workout. It's no Great Work, but it's good entertainment.
Dialogue-based. Imagine if "Ghost Hunters" had a dramatic narrative and actual ghosts, and you've pretty much got Ghost Hunt.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Dialogue-based. Imagine if "Ghost Hunters" had a dramatic narrative and actual ghosts, and you've pretty much got Ghost Hunt.
OOOHHHH. Now I'm interested. I will have to check that out. Is it english dubbed?

PickelledEggs

Update on "Negima!?" It's too close to Hamtaro. Too cute-sy for me with not enough story. I think I'm going to stop at this 8th episode I just finished.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"OOOHHHH. Now I'm interested. I will have to check that out. Is it english dubbed?
Of course. You think I'm gonna try reading subtitles on the treadmill? :rollin:

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"OOOHHHH. Now I'm interested. I will have to check that out. Is it english dubbed?
Of course. You think I'm gonna try reading subtitles on the treadmill? :rollin:
:lol:
That is why I asked. I need to be able to work on my drawing and listen. I can't read and draw at the same time. That's the reason it took me longer than 4 weeks to finish AOT rather than the normal 2-3 days to finish a series of that size.   :lol: