News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Thread!

Started by Notthesun, July 03, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

i just watched all 90 plus episodes of Samurai X. Best week of my life. I'm watching Yu Yu Hakusho right now.

Nonsensei

Rurouni Kenshin had its moments...primarily from around ep 30 to 60. Once Shishio died it felt like the creators were struggling to justify continuing the series.

Which baffles me because the manga had several extremely cool arcs that they decided not to add to the anime.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Farroc

Quotei just watched all 90 plus episodes of Samurai X. Best week of my life. I'm watching Yu Yu Hakusho right now.

Where are you at in the series?
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Farroc"
Quotei just watched all 90 plus episodes of Samurai X. Best week of my life. I'm watching Yu Yu Hakusho right now.

Where are you at in the series?
I just finished the 3 seasons of samurai x the other day, and today I just started Yu Yu Hakusho. I'm only about 10 or 11 episodes in.

Jesus

Angel Beats: 9/10
- Impressive anime, but way too short. I wish they'd clipped on five more episodes before the finale.

Clannad: 10/10
- Fantastic ... I cried. Note that I'm talking about Clannad After Story, which is much less light-hearted than its predecessor.
I like to appear in various forms, but my favorite is as a toast.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Jesus"Angel Beats: 9/10
- Impressive anime, but way too short. I wish they'd clipped on five more episodes before the finale.

I weeped like a BABY after angel beats. so much heart ache. That one was awesome.

Notthesun

Caught up to Fairy Tail. Love it!
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

PickelledEggs

Does anyone that watch anime know japanese? How do you start to?

I ask this because I want to watch Attack on Titan, but it is near impossible to read the subs and concentrate on my work. I figure if I can understand the words I don't have to worry about looking at the screen that much.

missingnocchi

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Does anyone that watch anime know japanese? How do you start to?

I ask this because I want to watch Attack on Titan, but it is near impossible to read the subs and concentrate on my work. I figure if I can understand the words I don't have to worry about looking at the screen that much.

Oh, dude... don't just listen to Attack on Titan. You need to give it the love and attention it deserves. Like boiled potato.
What's a "Leppo?"

wolf39us

I taught myself Hiragana and Katakana using books, charts... and repetition.  As far as the language, watching a ton of anime WILL train your ears to be able to "hear" the individual words and separate them.  Constantly hearing the same words in relation to their translations.

The problem with this approach is that a lot of anime is not subbed exact and a lot of words are changed around to accommodate for context.

There's a program I used called Primsleur which doesn't rely on translations and has definitely helped my Japanese along.  I wouldn't recommend using Anime solely to try to learn Japanese... but merely a means to get "used" to the language :-)

PickelledEggs

SAWEEET!

Yea. I kind of figured that anime wouldn't be translated 100%

I'll check out Primsleur though. Hearing that someone else taught them self does give me a sense of hope for it though.

Nonsensei

Yeah watching anime in japanese will get you used to japanese enough that you can understand it....IN ANIME.

Being able to understand and repeat "Behold my true form and despair!" has little practical use.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Nonsensei"Yeah watching anime in japanese will get you used to japanese enough that you can understand it....IN ANIME.

Being able to understand and repeat "Behold my true form and despair!" has little practical use.
LOL I wonder how many animes have the line: "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM"

wolf39us

Quote from: "Nonsensei"Yeah watching anime in japanese will get you used to japanese enough that you can understand it....IN ANIME.

Yeah, you wouldn't want to go around saying shit like NANI!!!!! Really loud lmao

I don't say you should learn from anime... But it's good media to get you started with getting used to the language itself.  

I don't "hear" individual words in Russian... It all sounds like meshed together sounds.  Though if I watch a ton of Russian media, listened to radio, watched movies etc... I may be able to start picking out words that are familiar as I go along.  Only as PART of the learning process to becoming familiar

Notthesun

Just started Attack on Titan!
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.