News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Thread!

Started by Notthesun, July 03, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Meh.. Still cartoons.
Don't disturb the nerds, APA. I come here to watch them. You need to be gentle and silent. And some have good taste.  :-D
Hey!  Since when is spending inordinate amounts of time indulging in non-mainstream entertainment nerdy?  Oh wait, answered my own question.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Meh.. Still cartoons.
Don't disturb the nerds, APA. I come here to watch them. You need to be gentle and silent. And some have good taste.  :-D
Hey!  Since when is spending inordinate amounts of time indulging in non-mainstream entertainment nerdy?  Oh wait, answered my own question.
LOL

I should talk. I just rewatched over 60 episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho in 4 days.  :lol:

Nonsensei

ITT we make fun of people who like stuff we don't like.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

missingnocchi

Quote from: "Nonsensei"To me the statement "anime is cartoons" is a lot like saying "all books are kids books". It sounds like something someone who has never read a book would say.
"An animated cartoon is a film for the cinema, television or computer screen, which is made using sequential drawings, as opposed to animations in general, which include films made using clay, puppet and other means."

Ok, you're right. Anime are not cartoons, because they are made using puppets. Wait, anime is puppets, right?
What's a "Leppo?"

Hijiri Byakuren

"Anime" is literally just the Japanese word for "cartoon," so...
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"If Pickkeledeggs is N= Hydra and if Hydra is N> than Jason78, how many episodes of Attack On Titan can Shiranu watch on a school night?

(N> Nerder than, G* coefficient to be taken as 0)
I nearly failed highschool algebra.

AllPurposeAtheist

Geez.. Algebra doesn't make cartoons into something they're not.
I LOVE cartoons..especially funny cartoons.. 'Anime' is putting lipstick on a pig and saying some mathematical formula makes it 'special'..
Special indeed..special ed.. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"lipstick on a pig
Are you trying to turn me on, APA?  :lol:

missingnocchi

Sweet Jesus swimming on land, is there any anime better than Steins;Gate? Is there anything at all better than Steins;Gate?
What's a "Leppo?"

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "missingnocchi"Sweet Jesus swimming on land, is there any anime better than Steins;Gate? Is there anything at all better than Steins;Gate?
Steins gate?

AllPurposeAtheist

Anime is still cartoons. :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

missingnocchi

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "missingnocchi"Sweet Jesus swimming on land, is there any anime better than Steins;Gate? Is there anything at all better than Steins;Gate?
Steins gate?
It's stylized Steins;Gate. Reviews/synopsis here: http://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins;Gate

I recommend not starting it if you have something else you're supposed to be doing. Otherwise, get watching.
What's a "Leppo?"

PickelledEggs

OOOHHH so it's dubbed! I can do that. I have to re organize my folder of Ghost hunt that Hijiri reccomended and I downloaded. After I watch that, I'll watch this.... I need things to watch while I work. otherwise I get bored. As for now, I'll finish re-watching Elfen Lied.

missingnocchi

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Anime is still cartoons. :-k
Yep.
What's a "Leppo?"

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Anime is still cartoons. :-k
This just in: Godzilla is a live-action movie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel