Author Topic: Rate the latest movie you've seen.  (Read 427888 times)

Offline Munch

Re: Rate the latest movie you've seen.
« Reply #5610 on: May 27, 2020, 10:31:18 PM »
Imo, Mortal Kombat is the only one that has any business being a live-action movie (which makes sense considering the original game used motion capture and had a rather striking similarity to Enter the Dragon), though I admit that Resident Evil, Pokemon, and Sonic are feasible as well.  Pretty much all of the rest are DOA as far as I'm concerned.

kinda like street fighter, loved playing street fighter 2 turbo with my brother back in the day, and I got excited when they had the street fighter movies announced. Saw both, the live action movie was a mess, acting was terrible, and it felt more like a power rangers parody of street fighter. However the other street fighter movie they didn't get as much attention was the anime street fighter 2, by Gisaburō Sugii. That became The street fighter movie I always rewatched.

typical case really, while japan sees anime as another legit form of entertainment, the west then and today still sees animated as just a lesser form of entertainment *coughmoderndisneycough*
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 10:33:19 PM by Munch »
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin