News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

ABBA ROCKS

Started by Brian37, July 02, 2013, 04:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "Brian37"taking an ABBA song and turning it thrash.

That's called improvement. 8-)

Brian37

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"
Quote from: "Brian37"taking an ABBA song and turning it thrash.

That's called improvement. 8-)

So? I heard a version of the Beatles "Helter Skelter " done by Pat Benatar I thought was better than the original. It is still flattery for someone to look at the past and say "Nice riff/beat, lets see what I can do with it"
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "Jmpty"Since I was a teenager in the 1970's, and was witness to them in real time, I am wondering if Brian is just messing with us. :-k I kind of hope so, but a lot of the teenybopper, cheerleader types liked them. To each his own, I guess.

I am not messing with anyone, I was 6 years old when "Ring Ring" came out in 74, didn't know about them until the late 7Os at the beginning of the disco revolt, but they were the first band I latched onto.

No I am not messing with anyone. You focus on what mass media did in both selling them and in condemning them, not what their influences and training and talent actually were. They were really more deep and diverse than most give them credit for.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Hydra009

Quote from: "Brian37"HOLLY FUCK, where did you find this. It is funny, I was joking that I would die a happy man if Metalica did a thrash version of "Knowing Me Knowing You". Little did I know others had already thought of it. Meaning taking an ABBA song and turning it thrash.

I hate to say this, but I love this version, but as heavy as "ABBA ROCKS" gets, I don't know if this version would make the cut, I would play it, but I don't own Waterloo Radio.

Ahead of it's time. And thanks for the link.
The uploader has a lot more where that came from.  I love it.  Figured he had to have done an ABBA song, and sure enough, he had.   :-D

Solitary

I haven't heard them lately, but I liked them when I did. Disco was a fun way to get hooked up  =P~  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Brian37

Quote from: "Solitary"I haven't heard them lately, but I liked them when I did. Disco was a fun way to get hooked up  =P~  Solitary

UGGG! ABBA got stuck with that label, but I am telling you, if you listen to all their songs they were much more than one type. They were classically trained musicians as well.

Solitary

I know that and agree. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Brian37

Quote from: "Solitary"I know that and agree. Solitary

Thanks. Not just on ABBA though, there was so much bullying and other peoples baggage I took to heart needlessly. But now, like the reaction when people find out I don't believe my reaction is " GET THE FUCK OVER IT"

I love ABBA, and will not make one fucking apology for it.

AllPurposeAtheist

You're all so wrong on so many levels.. ABBA, disco.. When will the carnage ever end? :shock:
The good news is they've made great strides in psych meds in the past 30 years. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"You're all so wrong on so many levels.. ABBA, disco.. When will the carnage ever end? :shock:
The good news is they've made great strides in psych meds in the past 30 years. :)

I'd threaten you with a banjo, but then Hillbilly would back you up, so other than water boarding I have nothing, other than a MAJOR FINGER WAG!

AllPurposeAtheist

I respect your right to have lousy musical taste Brian. :)

The Skeletal Atheist

I think he should be taken to the camps and "reeducated".
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"I think he should be taken to the camps and "reeducated".
The FEMA death camps with millions of grandma's standing around saying, 'You and your devil music...tsk tsk..' :)

Brian37

Ok, has anyone here heard of or like the "Foo Fighters". I have heard the name but never listened to a song of theirs or album.

BUT, for those who think that ABBA has no inspiration to modern music.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/04/04/foo-f ... spiration/

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I respect your right to have lousy musical taste Brian. :)

I hate the word "respect". You don't value them, that is fine. I don't expect you to "respect" them.

But when you have Yngwie Malmsteen and the Foo Fighters find influence in them, I'd say you are long on sour grapes and short on evidence.