News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

ABBA ROCKS

Started by Brian37, July 02, 2013, 04:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

Many people give me shit about liking them. But, even before I rediscovered them, another fan obviously with money to pay royalties, started Waterloo Radio a Facebook Radio Station, before I even knew it existed.

Anywho, early last week I suggested they have a rock segment of originals by ABBA that were rock and heavy, and remakes from future artists. Little did I know how many people were influenced on the rock side of ABBA.

"Watch Out" is an original which could have been preformed by KISS and not ABBA.

But I have heard metal versions of "Knowing Me Knowing You" and just now a punk/AC DC mix version of "Super Trouper"

So screw all you guys that give ABBA lip. They have influenced all sorts of music lovers from country to bluegrass to dance to classical and METAL!

I AM ON AN ABBA JIHAD!
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Plu

AllPurposeAtheist

Gosh..I am thrilled beyond words.  :-$
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

_Xenu_

ABBA's Greatest Hit

[youtube:2zwbbwu2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWCjfXdZERw[/youtube:2zwbbwu2]
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Brian37

Quote from: "Plu"Writer posted a YouTube video

:P

They do play this  version on Waterloo Radio. Like I said ABBA has influenced the world of music. This is more techno/rave. But Hillbilly can find links to ABBA being played on banjo. My point is they even influenced metal.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

DunkleSeele

Brian37

Quote from: "_Xenu_"ABBA's Greatest Hit

Writer posted a YouTube video

How many albums have you sold? And how many different artists have you influenced to have them go on to do remakes of your songs?

OUCH, so your Barny joke is a "meh, been there done that", like when theists threaten atheists with hell.

AllPurposeAtheist

I guess it wouldn't do any good to clarify my stance that ABBA...you know...kinda sucks?  :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"[ Image ]

Good, ABBA fans don't want musical wimps in their audience who cant handle diversity in music.

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I guess it wouldn't do any good to clarify my stance that ABBA...you know...kinda sucks?  :-k

Suck so bad that 40 years after the fact you still claim they suck.

Hydra009

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "_Xenu_"ABBA's Greatest Hit

Writer posted a YouTube video

How many albums have you sold? And how many different artists have you influenced to have them go on to do remakes of your songs?

OUCH, so your Barny joke is a "meh, been there done that", like when theists threaten atheists with hell.
Touche. MOAR ABBA!

[youtube:3lq8b6u1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzxRuNyg07I[/youtube:3lq8b6u1]
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Plu

Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "Plu"Writer posted a YouTube video

:P

They do play this  version on Waterloo Radio. Like I said ABBA has influenced the world of music. This is more techno/rave. But Hillbilly can find links to ABBA being played on banjo. My point is they even influenced metal.

I don't think ABBA "influenced" Nightcore, they just cover everything :P But yeah, they influenced a lot of people. Of course, older musicians in general influence new ones. But still, they did a pretty impressive number. Not really my thing, but definately a major band of recent history.

Brian37

Quote from: "Hydra009"Writer posted a YouTube video

HOLLY FUCK, where did you find this. It is funny, I was joking that I would die a happy man if Metalica did a thrash version of "Knowing Me Knowing You". Little did I know others had already thought of it. Meaning taking an ABBA song and turning it thrash.

I hate to say this, but I love this version, but as heavy as "ABBA ROCKS" gets, I don't know if this version would make the cut, I would play it, but I don't own Waterloo Radio.

Ahead of it's time. And thanks for the link.

Jmpty

Since I was a teenager in the 1970's, and was witness to them in real time, I am wondering if Brian is just messing with us. :-k I kind of hope so, but a lot of the teenybopper, cheerleader types liked them. To each his own, I guess.
???  ??