Muslim Brotherhood getting a beating in Egypt

Started by Fidel_Castronaut, July 01, 2013, 02:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: "OtterPop"Al Jazeera has been up to the minute on its reporting on Egypt, putting it days ahead of some other news sources (as is often the case). Looks like clashes are still erupting and some pro-Morsi protestors that came to where he was being held, were straight up shot in the face with bird shot. Not an elegant way to handle things, but they sure aren't taking shit.  :shock:

I don't know if this is the best way to handle the situation, but it seems like the most efficient atm. Morsi cant be allowed to make public statements that will stir up more violence from pro-Morsi supporters.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Apparently the MB is going the Erdogan approach and busing supporters into Cairo to cause more violence.

I know, I know, democracy, everyone should be allowed to have a voice... but should a former terrorist organization REALLY have a place at the table? I personally think once you start murdering civilians you shouldn't have been allowed to run for pres. in the first place. And when you bus people in so you can cause more violence and confusion... you clearly don't care about democracy, you care about power.

It would be like saying, "Your ex-Al Qaeda? I don't see why you shouldn't be able to run for president!". Yeah, no... sorry, but no.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

We aren't necessarily for for the Muslim Brotherhood, we just sent them some pretty healthy paychecks earlier this year to make sure they were on our side...

Colanth

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/07/06/obama-egypt-comments/2495631/

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — "We remain committed to the Egyptian people and their aspirations for democracy, economy opportunity and dignity. But the future path of Egypt can only be determined by the Egyptian people."
As long as they choose an American-style democracy.  If they freely choose to live in a manner we don't agree with, we'll pay anyone, and supply weapons to anyone, to overturn the freely-elected representatives of those people.

We know what's best for them better than they know themselves.  (Do I really have to insert a "sarcasm" tag here?)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Solitary

QuoteWe know what's best for them better than they know themselves.

:shock:  I thought Bush was on the forum until I read sarcasm.  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shiranu

//http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/11/world/middleeast/improvements-in-egypt-suggest-a-campaign-that-undermined-morsi.html?_r=0

Morsi supporters say that the improvement in standing of living since Morsi's government has been removed proves that it was therefor a conspiracy to get rid of Morsi... because it couldn't have been the people in power were incompetent twats...

//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/morsi-opponents-thrown-death-tower-video_n_3576055.html

Muslim Brotherhood supporters throw opposition off of roofs, kill at least two. Like I said a few days ago, the MB is shipping in thugs from around Egypt to cause as much chaos and violence in Cairo as possible.

And I'm sure you guys have heard about the violence where Morsi was being held... the MB saying the military just started randomly shooting into a crowd of women and children, the military and witnesses saying MB supporters were on the roof throwing molotov cocktails and firing down on the military. I'm not sure who I believe in this story... :roll:

Took them 80 some years, the terrorist organization MB, to get into power... and they lost it within a year. Now like little children they will throw a hissy fit about it the only way people like them know how... lie and cause violence. Hamas and Hezbollah should be proud to see the MB hasn't lost their way.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's all one big vast conspiracy that Egyptian society seems to have suddenly and vastly improved overnight. Police are back on the steeets, traffic is better, no more gasoline shortages, no rolling blackouts all because every sector of government and private sector as well conspired against the MB to undermine Morsi and the MB.. ..According to the MB at least and to some extent it may be true, but the MB tried hard to monopolise power which backfired badly for them.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/07/11/wo ... m=homepage
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... l-dec.aspx

QuoteIn a statement released Tuesday, the group described the 33-article declaration, which outlines the roadmap for the transitional period expected to last six months, as "shocking."

"The [constitutional declaration] is not compatible with the ideals of the 30 June uprising... that went out for a civil state that upholds religious and cultural diversity," the statement read.

The declaration was criticised for its first article that states that the Arab Republic of Egypt is a democratic system based on citizenship, that Islam is the religion of the state, Arabic is its official language and the principles of sharia law derived from established Sunni canons are its main source of legislation.

This article combines Articles 1, 2 and 219 of the suspended constitution. The latter was added by Islamists to outline the meaning of "principles of Islamic sharia" mentioned in the second article.

In Egypt's previous 1971 constitution, article two also stated that the principles of sharia are the primary source of legislation, but added no more details.

This has long caused debate on the validity of stating specific religious sources for the country's legislation.

"[On 30 June] we went out to bring down their failed constitution that built a state of hate and violence," the Coptic group said in the statement.

"We did not take to the streets to give legitimacy to religious-based political parties that were about to erase Egypt's identity," the statement continued.

The group added that the country has a lot of qualified young Egyptians who should have participated in drafting the declaration.

The Coptic group also said that "it seems the revolution is not complete," and they will continue to work to fulfil its aspirations.

The constitutional declaration was opposed by several political forces.

Mansour is supposedly a moderate, but he is still a Muslim. The new constitution based on Sharia Law? doesn't sound like an improvement.

baronvonrort

Quote from: "Shiranu"Muslim Brotherhood supporters throw opposition off of roofs, kill at least two. Like I said a few days ago, the MB is shipping in thugs from around Egypt to cause as much chaos and violence in Cairo as possible.

And I'm sure you guys have heard about the violence where Morsi was being held... the MB saying the military just started randomly shooting into a crowd of women and children, the military and witnesses saying MB supporters were on the roof throwing molotov cocktails and firing down on the military. I'm not sure who I believe in this story... :roll:

Took them 80 some years, the terrorist organization MB, to get into power... and they lost it within a year. Now like little children they will throw a hissy fit about it the only way people like them know how... lie and cause violence. Hamas and Hezbollah should be proud to see the MB hasn't lost their way.

As for who to believe i suggest you turn your bullshit detector on when dealing with muslims they speak fluent bullshit.

This 12 year old kid will tell you what is going on in Egypt-
[youtube:ai8rg3ss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDm2PrNV1I[/youtube:ai8rg3ss]

Colanth

Quote from: "baronvonrort"This 12 year old kid will tell you what is going on in Egypt-
Kids like that are the hope of the future.  Let's just hope that there are more minds like his in Egypt, and that they eventually prevail.  (I don't see any hope of a non-Sharia Egypt in the immediate future.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Jmpty

Quote from: "baronvonrort"
Quote from: "Shiranu"Muslim Brotherhood supporters throw opposition off of roofs, kill at least two. Like I said a few days ago, the MB is shipping in thugs from around Egypt to cause as much chaos and violence in Cairo as possible.

As for who to believe i suggest you turn your bullshit detector on when dealing with muslims they speak fluent bullshit.

[youtube:blv67uiy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDm2PrNV1I[/youtube:blv67uiy]

So you think this 12 year old kid is speaking fluent bullshit as well, or is he one of the good ones?
???  ??

Savior2006

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "baronvonrort"This 12 year old kid will tell you what is going on in Egypt-
Kids like that are the hope of the future.  Let's just hope that there are more minds like his in Egypt, and that they eventually prevail.  (I don't see any hope of a non-Sharia Egypt in the immediate future.)

He's certainly brighter than I was when I was 12.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

baronvonrort

Quote from: "Jmpty"
Quote from: "baronvonrort"

[youtube:1m8jk6gg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDm2PrNV1I[/youtube:1m8jk6gg]

So you think this 12 year old kid is speaking fluent bullshit as well, or is he one of the good ones?

If you listen to what the kid says in the video he does not agree with wife beating which allah the most merciful of those who show mercy allows.
Quran 4:34 is the verse where allah gives permission to beat your wife if you fear disobedience.
//http://www.quran.com/4/34

I doubt this kid is a muslim,muslims dont say allah or Mohammad were wrong about anything.

The Muslim brothelhood are sunni/salafi Islam.

Shiranu

QuoteI doubt this kid is a muslim,muslims dont say allah or Mohammad were wrong about anything.

By that logic, then there are almost no Roman Catholics today either...

baronvonrort

Quote from: "Shiranu"
QuoteI doubt this kid is a muslim,muslims dont say allah or Mohammad were wrong about anything.

By that logic, then there are almost no Roman Catholics today either...

All the leftist americans have to offer in the Islam section of this forum is deflections to christians.