Two teenage sisters shot dead in Pakistan for dancing

Started by drunkenshoe, July 01, 2013, 11:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/s ... z2XoHPUj4F

QuoteFive gunmen killed Noor Basra, 15, Noor Sheza, 16, and their mother, Noshehra, after a video of the three dancing in traditional garb in the rain went viral. It is believed stepbrother Khutore ordered the death as an 'honor' killing for the video. He has since been arrested.

Two teenage sisters have been shot dead in Pakistan for allegedly dancing in the rain.

Sisters Noor Basra, 15, Noor Sheza, 16, and their mother, Noshehra, were shot dead by five gunmen after a video of the two girls enjoying the rain shower in traditional dress spread throughout their conservative northern town.

The sisters' stepbrother is now being blamed for ordering their deaths on June 23 in an effort to restore the family's "honor" six months after the video surfaced.

That 22-year-old stepbrother, Khutore, has since been arrested for carrying out the attack according to police.

"It seems that the two girls have been murdered after they were accused of tarnishing their family's name by making a video of themselves dancing in the rain," an officer confirmed to News24Online.

In the video the two girls are seen wearing traditional shalwar kameez trouser suits and green and purple headscarves.

Around them are two younger children they run after while directly outside their home in Chilas.

One girl momentarily breaks from their dance to flash a smile at the camera.

This latest tragedy comes one year after four women were executed for singing and dancing with men at a wedding in a remote village of Kohistan in northwest Pakistan.

Tribal elders ordered the women to be shot dead for allegedly tarnishing their families' names by their acts of "fornication."

Women and men dancing is a strict violation of Sharia law with about a thousand "honor killings" taking place in Pakistan annually to amend acts like this, according to women's rights group the Aurat Foundation.

Of those killings committed nearly 77 percent end in the acquittal of criminals, according to Human Rights Commission activist Tahira Abdullah.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote"It seems that the two girls have been murdered after they were accused of tarnishing their family's name by making a video of themselves dancing in the rain,"

And blowing them away will make the family's name look better, yeah?  Fuck me, there's some twisted logic...  :vom:

Satt

This will never end until the world develops the balls to fight fire with fire. The only way to end Islamic killings is to completely destroy Islam itself. So, in other words, eventually, Islam WILL dominate the world because we are too soft to stop it.
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

Satt

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Satt"This will never end until the world develops the balls to fight fire with fire. The only way to end Islamic killings is to completely destroy Islam itself. So, in other words, eventually, Islam WILL dominate the world because we are too soft to stop it.

Yeah, because Islam is some kind of an enormous monster walking around stomping on people like in a godzilla-mothra movie. :roll:

We are all entitled to our opinions. I hope I am wrong. I really do.
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

Satt

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"No, you misunderstand me. I mean it is not something like that so we could bomb it down and kill it forever. It would be amazing. But it isn't. That's a Hollywood fantasy for children with skyscraper sized reptiles. It's not even a bit united thing, let alone a one thing. This is what I was talking about. And there are hundreds of millions of innocent people living under that monster, so bombing it is pretty much a sharia understanding itself.

So basically you are saying don't stoop to their level? That makes sense. I guess it's just hard for me to break out of that old black and white religious mentality? The question this brings up for me though is how do you use tolerance to fight a belief system that is completely intolorent and who's ultimate purpose is to dominate the whole world and kill the leftovers?

Plu

Precision striking and education. Instead of destroying Islam, get rid of the rotten elements (like the people who call for honor killings) and educate the rest about how morality really works.

Eventually you get the same kind of thing that happened in western europe, where people slowly lose their religion as they are educated.

And then become morons again when they accept a new culture of "education is for nerds", because thinking is hard and being a moron is easy. But at least they don't have as many excuses anymore.

the_antithesis

Sooner or later we're going to get it through to these people that murder is worse for their honor than dancing in the fucking rain.

Satt

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Sooner or later we're going to get it through to these people that murder is worse for their honor than dancing in the fucking rain.

I have my doubts, but I really hope you're right.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Satt"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"Sooner or later we're going to get it through to these people that murder is worse for their honor than dancing in the fucking rain.

I have my doubts, but I really hope you're right.

It may take extreme prejudice. I don't mind because I already have no honor.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "Plu"Precision striking and education. Instead of destroying Islam, get rid of the rotten elements (like the people who call for honor killings) and educate the rest about how morality really works.

Eventually you get the same kind of thing that happened in western europe, where people slowly lose their religion as they are educated.

And then become morons again when they accept a new culture of "education is for nerds", because thinking is hard and being a moron is easy. But at least they don't have as many excuses anymore.

Good post.  As for us in the west, there needs to be some sort of move to stop our governments propping up countries and governments that turn a blind eye to these abuses.  It's noticeable that a lot of the hard-ass misogyny and other issues come from countries well within the Anglo-US sphere of influence.

Shiranu

This is a problem that will exist in any sexually conservative culture that believes a man cannot see a woman without turning into a raping monster, that men are to be ashamed of their sexuality and that women (and men) are just property that, if it breaks and cant do it's job (furthering the family name, making the family name look good) it can be thrown away (killed). This is a problem that exists in any sexually conservative culture, and I think its one even people who are very wary of the term "feminist" should support because it is very insulting to the male as well.

I'm not saying the opposite is the solution either (extreme sexual liberalism), but that a middle ground needs to be found in a culture.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Plu

QuoteI'm not saying the opposite is the solution either (extreme sexual liberalism), but that a middle ground needs to be found in a culture.

It's not? Awww :(
I don't really see much wrong with it, to be honest.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteI'm not saying the opposite is the solution either (extreme sexual liberalism), but that a middle ground needs to be found in a culture.

It's not? Awww :(
I don't really see much wrong with it, to be honest.

If people practiced safe sex, I wouldn't either. The problem is people don't which can lead to health and pregnancy issues.

And even sex should be taken in moderation :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Plu

You'd think that proper education and a healthy attitude towards prevention would be part of sexual liberation, though.
The more sexual liberation you have, the less it tends to lead to health and pregancy issues, because the more people can openly talk about it, learn about how to do it safely, and respect what they're doing.

And yeah, sex should be done in moderation, but I don't think that's related to liberation :P Just because you're free and open about it, doesn't mean you have to do it all the time.

Shiranu