The bead-chain experiment that will melt your brain.

Started by josephpalazzo, June 30, 2013, 07:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Plu

caseagainstfaith

Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Solitary

I was hoping he would do it from the top of the building.  8-)  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mermaid

Me too, Solitary. I would want to see him climb a tall ladder, at least. Pretty neat demonstration of physics!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Sal1981

I think you can explain that solely on mechanics, and I think his explanation is probably what is going on. I also noticed that since the chain does that arcing loop, might be because of the chain is packed together in the beaker, while it just falls straight down in a line outside the beaker, but I'm not sure.

Hakurei Reimu

Awesome! Nature is weird and wonderful, no miracles required or needed.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Jason78

Quote from: "Hakurei Reimu"Awesome! Nature is weird and wonderful, no miracles required or needed.
If anything that makes it more weird and wonderful!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman