Step 1: Find Hell, Step 2: Kill Satan

Started by Voskhod, July 04, 2013, 09:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Gentlemen we have the technology to make him better, faster, stronger!
The SIX MILLION DOLLAR SATAN! Staring whatsisface..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Voskhod

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Gentlemen we have the technology to make him better, faster, stronger!
The SIX MILLION DOLLAR SATAN! Staring whatsisface..

Wait, you mean Mr. Natas from Motherload?

[size=100]
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." -H.P. Lovecraft
[/size][/b]

AllPurposeAtheist

Nah..Lee Majors I think.. Terrible actor.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Nah..Lee Majors I think.. Terrible actor.
Pat Robertson, even worse actor.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

ozymandias

Quote from: "Jason78"Why can't Jesus just forgive Satan?

Tis better to reign in hell then serve in heaven.  That's why.

ozymandias

Quote from: "Voskhod"
Quote from: "Broede"
Quote from: "St Giordano Bruno"Why Satan? he has nothing on the weapons of mass distruction God has.

If anything, St. Lucifer's just a pawn in God's greater game of evil.  Poor guy's been scapegoated long enough, hasn't he?  I mean, if anything, shouldn't we be trying to find heaven and take down the real threat?  I wonder how long an army of subservient bird-people and lightning bolts could withstand a fully-realized nuke.

Eh, considering the fact that Heaven is described as being some sort of alternate dimension, we'd have to wait a while before we invent trans-dimensional portal technology.
On the plus side, by the time we invent that kind of technology, we'd have things like Singularity bombs, particle projectors, Gauss flayers, plasma weapons, and possibly even Zero-point energy manipulators.

I'd genuinely want to see how the forces of Heaven would compete against such weapons. The battle would be glorious. Especially if Kratos is included in there.

(Also, I think this particular idea even has its own name: Rage against the heavens.)

If we are going to storm heaven, will the last person leaving please be sure to arm the fuses.  I definitely want to blow the place to hell. :twisted:

Broede

Why am I suddenly having Futurama flashbacks?

"Army of the Damned, prepare to board Heaven!"

Corrupteddrake

Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"Why did an omniscient god create a being that he would know is going to revolt against him.

Many people will tell you that evil is a necessary part of the world.  God wanted mankind to have free will.  In order to have free will, they had to be give an option between two things.  Therefore, in order for mankind to be able to choose good there must be both good and evil in the world.  So, an omniscient god would create a being that he knows will revolt against him.

I also had another thought say you were the best chess champion in the world, so good that no one could even get close to giving you a good fight.  After a while, you might get really bored with playing the game.  The only way to become interested again is to create someone to challenge you.  Or if you are into movies you can remember what happened in Megamind, but in that case it was backwards

Plu

QuoteGod wanted mankind to have free will. In order to have free will, they had to be give an option between two things.

"Your money or your life" is not considered a choice, it's considered a threat. "Heaven or hell" is the infinitely worse version.

It's also, by definition of omnipotence, not possible to create something that can challenge you if you are omnipotent.
(You might fall into the omnipotence paradox with your response to this, though. I mean; it's by definition of omnipotence not even possible to be omnipotent due to the logical paradoxes.)

leo

Why kill Satan ? According to the bible god is the bad guy .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Jason78

Quote from: "Plu"It's also, by definition of omnipotence, not possible to create something that can challenge you if you are omnipotent.
(You might fall into the omnipotence paradox with your response to this, though. I mean; it's by definition of omnipotence not even possible to be omnipotent due to the logical paradoxes.)

Godels incompleteness theorems for a start.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Unbeliever

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"
Quote from: "Jason78"Why can't Jesus just forgive Satan?
Why did an omniscient god create a being that he would know is going to revolt against him.

For teh lulz.  

Obviously.

Sure, bordom affects even omnimax dieties!  :-k
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman