Atheist Monument in Front of Florida Court House

Started by stromboli, June 29, 2013, 10:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

And of course, Eric Hovind makes an ass out of himself yet again.

Hakurei Reimu

Eric Hovind is the kind of person that, if you put a cap on him, it's backwards, and if you put the cap on the other way... it's STILL backwards!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Savior2006

It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Savior2006"The South is a Christian nation?
C.S.A.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"
C.S.A.

So, no they're not because they lost.

Some people just can't get over it, can they?

Savior2006

C.S.A.

Doesn't exist anymore, so they fail. :Hangman:
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Savior2006"
C.S.A.

Doesn't exist anymore, so they fail. :Hangman:
Save your Dixie cups! The South shall rise again!

Seriously, the Civil War, or more properly, the War of Northern Aggression, isn't over in the South. Some of them don't learn very well. There's a strong link between neo-Nazi groups and "die-hard Rebels".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Brian37

I love the fucking hypocrite protestors, "freedom of speech" until someone else does the same thing.

Sorry theists, if you can do it, we can do it, there is no social pecking order dictated by the Constitution. You let it all in or agree to keep it neutral.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Gawdzilla Sama

Some folks are already talking about "taking it out". They value the Constitution as long as it agrees with their personal bigotry.
PZ Myers

stromboli

Just like Bibles in school. I can't believe xtians are so narrow in their thinking they can't see what happens when they put monuments in front of buildings, nativity scenes, bibles in school, or anything else. They open the door to atheists, Muslims, Hindus or any other different religion/philosophy to do the same, and then get all shocked about it. Proof they are stupid.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "stromboli"Just like Bibles in school. I can't believe xtians are so narrow in their thinking they can't see what happens when they put monuments in front of buildings, nativity scenes, bibles in school, or anything else. They open the door to atheists, Muslims, Hindus or any other different religion/philosophy to do the same, and then get all shocked about it. Proof they are stupid.
The First Reformed Voodoo Church is looking for a spot, and "teach the controversy" time in the classrooms. "Teach one, teach ALL."
PZ Myers

Brian37

Yes, and only because my sister lives in Atlanta, I want our union to remain in tact, otherwise I'd let those fuckers leave.

That and Texas too, Austin is the liberal oasis in that backwoods dumpster of a state. Huston has partially gotten it's head out of its ass and has a lesbian Mayor, but Texas and Georgia and the South in general has still lots of growing up to do.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "stromboli"Just like Bibles in school. I can't believe xtians are so narrow in their thinking they can't see what happens when they put monuments in front of buildings, nativity scenes, bibles in school, or anything else. They open the door to atheists, Muslims, Hindus or any other different religion/philosophy to do the same, and then get all shocked about it. Proof they are stupid.
The First Reformed Voodoo Church is looking for a spot, and "teach the controversy" time in the classrooms. "Teach one, teach ALL."

And the ghost of Jefferson would scream at these idiots "YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS ASSHOLES" , all one has to do to know how ridiculous squatting rights are in a pluralistic society is to read the Virgina Religious Freedom Act, written by Jefferson which went on to be the model for Madison's "First Amendment".

So these right wing fucknuts who object are really no better than a Muslim in Iran or Saudi Arabia, who have theocracies.

I'd actually prefer neither the 10 commandments or the atheist bench on public property, but they started the war and we are going to finish it.

Brian37

They have the founders to blame then. You'd think smart people, if a social pecking order was supposed to be the law of the land they could have said "Christians love everyone, and you are welcome here, but you are only guests". Nope, what did they do instead? They left out the words Christianity and Jesus by name, and on top of that "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of a religion" and "No religious test", and even after that an ENTIRE CONGRESS AND PRESIDENT, signed the Barbary Treaty, without dissent.

Article 11 "As the government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian Religion".

But, since theists opened the door, they have no right to bitch.