News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Americans are dumb

Started by josephpalazzo, June 28, 2013, 09:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheerful Charlie

When our states are often in the grip of idiots like the Texas Board of Education, I am surprised things aren't worse.

"God created idiots, but first he created school boards for practice."
 - Mark Twain

Cheerful Charlie
Cheerful  Charlie

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Cheerful Charlie"When our states are often in the grip of idiots like the Texas Board of Education, I am surprised things aren't worse.

"God created idiots, but first he created school boards for practice."
 - Mark Twain

Cheerful Charlie

The US would be a great nation had the North let the South go. Lincoln was wrong.

Colanth

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"The US would be a great nation had the North let the South go. Lincoln was wrong.
Pennsylvania is in the North.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Hydra009

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"The US would be a great nation had the North let the South go. Lincoln was wrong.
As much as I want to sympathize with this sentiment, that's a bit extreme.  The South isn't as terrible as its reputation would imply.  Its major cities are culturally and politically very similar to northern cities.  (Rural areas are another story...)  And high levels of immigration between each region in the U.S. has steadily been wearing down the social differences between them.  Its relative backwardness on a lot of key issues is frustrating to say the least, but it's something that has to be endured and fixed, not excised.