News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terminator Reboot

Started by dawiw, June 28, 2013, 09:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawiw

http://www.filmoria.co.uk/2013/06/termi ... d-in-2015/

I love the terminator because of Arnold, I think the reboot cannot replace what it was be like as a T-101 terminator. It better be good.
I remain unconvinced by any claims anyone has ever made about the existence or the power of a divine force operating in the universe."
-Neil deGrasse Tyson.

_Xenu_

I can never really love a Terminator movie that excludes Cameron...

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Plu

Oh for fucks sake. Since when did originality become a dirty word?

Elohim

Quote from: "Plu"Oh for fucks sake. Since when did originality become a dirty word?
Agreed. I understand why production companies are afraid to risk putting money into a project that might not make money, but terminator 5? Unless in a bizarre twist John Connor gets murdered by a robot during the first 5 minutes and it becomes a completely different story, I don't want to see it.
"Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
- PopeyesPappy

caseagainstfaith

I've heard a stack of rumors.  But, I thought Ahhhnold has already said he is going to star in the next one and start filming soon.

One rumor I heard, which seems a stretch, is that the next one would be set in the 40's.  And A.S. would star as a guy that managed to beat a terminator using 1940's tech and thus inspired the terminators to make ones that looked like him.  The story was The Rock was going to play the terminator.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Plu"Oh for fucks sake. Since when did originality become a dirty word?

Since always, I'm afraid. Harlan Ellison had sued over the original Terminator film because it was similar to his short story "Soldier" which had been turned into an episode of Outer Limits. They acknowledge Ellison at the end of the film.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Elohim

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"I've heard a stack of rumors.  But, I thought Ahhhnold has already said he is going to star in the next one and start filming soon.
One rumor I heard, which seems a stretch, is that the next one would be set in the 40's.  And A.S. would star as a guy that managed to beat a terminator using 1940's tech and thus inspired the terminators to make ones that looked like him.  The story was The Rock was going to play the terminator.
Then they could have one where the reason that the terminator in the 40s looked like the rock is that the very first terminator sent back in time was killed by the scorpion king, so they started fashioning them after him...eventually it will explode into a terminator/mummy crossover series culminating in a time war that must be mediated my dr. Who, and the cast of firefly, where during the mediation we will learn that the final terminator was sent in the form of Paula Dean, whose mission was to slowly poison the human race with diabetes and soft racism.

I still wouldn't see it.
"Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
- PopeyesPappy

caseagainstfaith

There's good reasons why Hollywood keeps doing reboots, remakes, etc.  They sell.  Not always of course. But, it is a financial model that works, overall.

Take Kick-Ass.  It was a movie that generally got good reviews, good word of mouth, and yet somewhat underperformed. Similar for Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Of course there are just a couple of examples, and there are of course lots of new properties that do well.  But, having a built-in audience works, overall.

That, and well, all stories are going to have elements of other stories.  Every basic plot has been done a billion times.  You can mix and match and come up with something that seems original. But, in every movie, you can find elements that have been used before.  There is no way around it.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Plu

There's a difference between finding elements of other movies, and not even trying.

But yeah; the ultimate argument is that they have an audience. Which is another reason why I just don't go anymore. If you keep taking in the cheap entertainment it'll never go away.

kilodelta

QuoteParamount has announced it will not only reboot the popular sci-fi franchise with a new movie scheduled to hit theaters on June 26, 2015, but the studio also revealed it's making a whole new stand-alone trilogy!

As a Scifi fan, I appreciate the potential. I'll reserve any opinion on the matter until I see the movies.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

ParaGoomba Slayer

1.) It better not be a remake of the first one because that's the best one.

2.) If it takes place in the future, it's simply not going to live up expectations. I don't want to see a gritty Christian Bale in a desert with an M4 Carbine view of the future, I want Michael Biehn wading knee deep through human skulls with a laser rifle while HK's fill the sky and sweep the radioactive horror scape for him.

[youtube:1ogx1zjf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cta8KBPAjE[/youtube:1ogx1zjf]

No one will ever make an entire movie like this and it deeply saddens me.
[size=150]Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision.[/size]

[size=150]Your liberty to swing your fist ends just where my nose begins. This is very simple reasoning that is applied to everything, EXCEPT infant circumcision for some stupid fucking reason.[/size]

Brian37

Meh, they lost me after the second one.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37