News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How's the weather?

Started by PopeyesPappy, January 02, 2022, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

It's crazy around here. On the 1st it was in the 70's, and the daffodils were blooming. Tornados in the area on the 2nd. Now on the 3rd it is snowing with temperatures heading for the mid teens later in the week.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Dark Lightning

I'm always amused by the forecasts, especially for rainfall levels. I have a 5 gallon bucket that isn't near anything that would funnel water into it. It has 14" of water in it, in spite of the news saying we had 6" in the claimed timeframe. I can't complain about the rainfall, here in California. We need it badly, and I adore all that snowfall in the mountains. It's rather amusing to me that the ski resorts are closed due to too much snowfall.

Hydra009

Mike Cl

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 02, 2022, 11:21:55 PM
It's crazy around here. On the 1st it was in the 70's, and the daffodils were blooming. Tornados in the area on the 2nd. Now on the 3rd it is snowing with temperatures heading for the mid teens later in the week.
Weird, here.  Had a dahlia bloom on Christmas!  I have volunteer hollyhocks and comphary  sprouting all over the back yard (organic garden).  That is spring stuff.  Last night it hit 30 degrees--cold for us.  Now the lows will be in the mid 40's for a week or more.  And the garlic is growing fast--hopefully, not too fast.  And the sweet peas are now about 8 inches tall.  Maybe not after last night.  Nothing normal right now--whatever that is any more.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

We got rain and rain and then a cold period, like 10 days. A rare kind of cold for here though. Then it suddenly jumped to 18 C. E: It's 20 C tomorrow, lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SoldierofFortune

Weather doesnt bother me as long as I have an air conditioner, and I can afford the money for the electricity bill.

But rather, Just because I have the climate crisis awareness, I prefer to put on clothes over clothes and hug a fat chick under the blanket.

aitm

A rather biting 72…..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

♪♪
The weather outside is goofy,
Sometimes it's downright spooky,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

SGOS

We are supposed to get heavy snow tomorrow.  When this happens, I get snowed in.  I've stocked up and have a woodpile.  I'll park my truck down by the road, but usually, I just sit it out.  I've got some jobs to do around the house.  This has happened about 3 times in the last 10 years.  I don't mind.  It's kind of an adventure, and I don't get bored.

Mike Cl

right now it looks like spring around here.  No rain for over two weeks.  Temps are in the 60--39 degree range.  Grass and weeds and spring flowers are popping up all over the place.  This is not what winter is supposed to look like.  New hollyhocks at the end of Jan.???  Not sure I like this trend much.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Cold as a witch's teat.  Bracing for "wintery mix" (euphemism for buckets of slush and ice) overnight.  The commute tomorrow is gonna suck.

Hydra009

I must be a famous whistleblower, because today I'm Snowden

drunkenshoe

(Between us, I'd love some snow pics.)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

With geotags?  Nice try, NSA!

drunkenshoe

I just wanted to look at a bit of snow in an original pic.  :holdtears: