Author Topic: Paleoanthropologist Richard Leakey died today  (Read 128 times)

Offline PopeyesPappy

Paleoanthropologist Richard Leakey died today
« on: January 02, 2022, 08:30:34 PM »
Leaky, and his parents, contributed a lot what we know of our evolutionary story.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Offline drunkenshoe

Re: Paleoanthropologist Richard Leakey died today
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 01:43:08 PM »
RIP. Yeah I have seen this. He wasn't that old though as far as I know. 70 something?

They're also very lucky people concerning their finds. Both father and son discovered very crucial examples if I'm not mistaken.
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

Online aitm

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 12:37:04 PM »
Yeah I remember reading about leakey's works. I thought he was a lot older. Makes me realize I ain't done shit comparatively.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Offline Draconic Aiur

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 04:40:30 PM »
Well shit.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 08:56:06 PM »
He lived a good life.  Little more can be asked than that.  Too few people will know of what he did for us.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.

No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Offline SGOS

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 12:40:28 AM »
Yeah I remember reading about leakey's works. I thought he was a lot older.
I did too.  Maybe unconsciously, I was thinking anyone who found ancient remains had to be old, because he found ancient remains.  Younger people would therefore find more recent remains, because they are more recent.  Leakey and his family were rock stars of anthropology.

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 01:07:50 AM »
Yeah I remember reading about leakey's works. I thought he was a lot older. Makes me realize I ain't done shit comparatively.

Maybe you remember his parents Louis Leakey or Mary Leakey. That family is full of scholars.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 03:59:41 PM by drunkenshoe »
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari