Are our Governments and Drug Cartels the same entities?

Started by Greatest I am, December 12, 2021, 01:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatest I am

Are our Governments and Drug Cartels the same entities?

Other than Governments, who has the power to run the world’s drugs cartels, and have it’s kingpins to never get caught?

I can think of no one capable of such a feat, other than our own governments.

You?

Regards
DL

PickelledEggs

Why not do some research about this and provide links that cite your claim, rather than offering the equivalent of a stoner asking a dumb question and assertion while they're high?

Not interested in conversing with speculation.

Greatest I am

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 12, 2021, 02:57:35 PM
Why not do some research about this and provide links that cite your claim, rather than offering the equivalent of a stoner asking a dumb question and assertion while they're high?

Not interested in conversing with speculation.

I have done my reading and formed my conclusion based on the evidence of how poorly we are doing in terms of catching the kingpins, who are clearly protected by the governments.

They have been trying to legalize pot world wide and failing, even as it is clear that it is fairly benign as compared to the other psychotropics.

Governments are reluctant to give their black marke pott profits to the average businessman, and the same applied to all the illegal drugs that the governments control via their cartels.

No arrests of the many Kingpins prove my view.

As to research. Best to do your own.

When I do it for people, half the time a holes reject the source, just because they do not like it and end in offering nothing back.

Regards
DL

GSOgymrat

I am curious about the underground system currently in place for distributing marijuana. As part of my job, I talk to many people who use marijuana and see people's urine drug screens. It appears it is easy for anyone where I live, even children as young as 13, to obtain marijuana on a daily basis. That must take an organized distribution system. I would love to know how the marijuana supply chain works from start to finish.

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 12, 2021, 10:26:01 PM
I am curious about the underground system currently in place for distributing marijuana. As part of my job, I talk to many people who use marijuana and see people's urine drug screens. It appears it is easy for anyone where I live, even children as young as 13, to obtain marijuana on a daily basis. That must take an organized distribution system. I would love to know how the marijuana supply chain works from start to finish.
I live in CA, and this is my supply chain.  Use the pot I have; run out; drive to the store in town (3 of them actually) and get a new supply; drive home.  Rinse and repeat.  It really works well for me.  :agreenod:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

the_antithesis

I don't know about pots, but I know how to get pans. Put on a show with wooden dialog and contrived plot development.

Mr.Obvious

In antwerp, when i was in high school, it just seemed that many different people would grow some themselves, be it in a big secret warehouse or a few plants at home, skim the excess and sell that to those who didn't.
We were also not that far from holland,where it was more legalized and many would just go there and buy it from people there and drive it across our mostly open border.

I never partook. But many of my friends did. It was not hard to obtain. And if you were out and had to wait on your regular dealer, you could always fo this slightly more expensive routine: Go to the right street, stand around and do nothing for a few minutes till you get talked to. Buy the pot when you do.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Greatest I am

Cannabis is now legal in Canada.

I take it you wish to know about how an illegal one works.

If the other, follow the path of any legal product is all that you need do.

Right?

If illicit, think of the social aspects of all psycho-social drugs and voila.

It is all about fellowship and tribalism and that humans mimic their peers and innovators.

That is why it is near universal to use psycho-social drugs.

What is a drug usher?

A person trying to create a huge tribe to ease his insecurity via fellowship.

Regards
DL

Shiranu

They exert their authority based upon the same rational ("He with the biggest guns makes the rules"), but other than that I wouldn't say they are particularly similar, no.

They are both expressions of might-makes-right authoritarianism; one in the political sphere, one in the business sphere. That is the fundamental root that should be examined.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 14, 2021, 03:40:56 PM
Cannabis is now legal in Canada.

I take it you wish to know about how an illegal one works.

If the other, follow the path of any legal product is all that you need do.

Right?

If illicit, think of the social aspects of all psycho-social drugs and voila.

It is all about fellowship and tribalism and that humans mimic their peers and innovators.

That is why it is near universal to use psycho-social drugs.

What is a drug usher?

A person trying to create a huge tribe to ease his insecurity via fellowship.

Regards
DL

I'm interested in the specifics of illegal cannabis: Where it is grown? Where is it processed? How is it distributed to cities, then dealers, then consumers? How much money is involved? How does legalization affect quality, cost, small and large businesses, taxes revenues?

Greatest I am

Quote from: Shiranu on December 14, 2021, 06:59:19 PM
They exert their authority based upon the same rational ("He with the biggest guns makes the rules"), but other than that I wouldn't say they are particularly similar, no.

They are both expressions of might-makes-right authoritarianism; one in the political sphere, one in the business sphere. That is the fundamental root that should be examined.

The governments always have the biggest guns, and that is why I think they are the Drug Cartels or are really protecting it.

That is bolstered by the lack of arrests.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 15, 2021, 07:47:00 AM
I'm interested in the specifics of illegal cannabis: Where it is grown? Where is it processed? How is it distributed to cities, then dealers, then consumers? How much money is involved? How does legalization affect quality, cost, small and large businesses, taxes revenues?

You need to read some major reports like the LeDain Royal Commission Report on Cannabis for the details you need.

Regards
DL

Shiranu

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 15, 2021, 07:47:00 AM

My previous dealer was a mix of growing her own and importing from rural farms in the area; knew a few people who would go live on the farm for a month or so at a time. They would be issued a gun, provisions for the period they would be stationed there, and told not to leave the premise and to politely indicate that anyone snooping around should leave. Shame she moved to Seattle :(.

Don't know who owned the place; from what I heard he didn't really sound cartel... just an older guy with land who knew what the most profitable cash crop around was. Surprisingly I have found most of the weed I've smoked since I got out of junior high has been locally sourced rather than brought up by the cartels; living near the border I expected more to come up from down south, but I've also almost always dealt with hardcore hippies and stoners rather than your normal street dealers.

I would wager that the cities generally tended to be the more criminally sourced cannabis, as in rural regions is so much easier to produce it locally without anyone knowing. 

Wish I had known about that business path when I was younger; grew up on about 40 acres of land, all of it surrounded by trees... would have been great real-estate to grow and sell myself, looking at potentially $4000-8000 street value per plant every year. Could be retired and have a cabin in the woods of Lithuania or Romania by now.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FreethinkingSceptic

Quote from: Shiranu on December 15, 2021, 10:32:32 AM
My previous dealer was a mix of growing her own and importing from rural farms in the area; knew a few people who would go live on the farm for a month or so at a time. They would be issued a gun, provisions for the period they would be stationed there, and told not to leave the premise and to politely indicate that anyone snooping around should leave. Shame she moved to Seattle :(.

Don't know who owned the place; from what I heard he didn't really sound cartel... just an older guy with land who knew what the most profitable cash crop around was. Surprisingly I have found most of the weed I've smoked since I got out of junior high has been locally sourced rather than brought up by the cartels; living near the border I expected more to come up from down south, but I've also almost always dealt with hardcore hippies and stoners rather than your normal street dealers.

I would wager that the cities generally tended to be the more criminally sourced cannabis, as in rural regions is so much easier to produce it locally without anyone knowing. 

Wish I had known about that business path when I was younger; grew up on about 40 acres of land, all of it surrounded by trees... would have been great real-estate to grow and sell myself, looking at potentially $4000-8000 street value per plant every year. Could be retired and have a cabin in the woods of Lithuania or Romania by now.
TMI

Shiranu