Trying out a virtual guitarist, thanks AI more jobs lost !

Started by Cassia, November 07, 2021, 09:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

...Scary when these guitar sounds come from piano keys, but the detail is amazing. Orchestra scoring work is down to nill because of virtual orchestral software...so much cheaper to go virtual...It is kinda ironic because these virtual instrument creators hired professional orchestras to sample themselves out of jobs.

But now as I mess with this thing I wonder if guitar work will be next. I downloaded a trial for this software and composed some rockin shit in about an hour..

https://youtu.be/KDN9lQJN380

Blackleaf

It's already basically impossible to make a living as a musician. However, the reason people go somewhere like a theater or concert is to hear the music being played live, by real people. I don't think technology is going to change that anytime soon.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cassia

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 07, 2021, 01:37:34 PM
It's already basically impossible to make a living as a musician. However, the reason people go somewhere like a theater or concert is to hear the music being played live, by real people. I don't think technology is going to change that anytime soon.
Our local production of "the Nutcracker" is so much better when the live orchestra provides the music, after having it both ways. I do enjoy the music of Pyotr Tchaikovsky so very much and the story is fairly secular I suppose.