Democrats Propose 5-Year, $150 Billion Taxcut for Top 5%

Started by Shiranu, November 02, 2021, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Cant fight for minimum wage, student debt relief, maternity leave, lowering the debt by reducing military spending, or any of their campaign promises... but at least they are fighting for the things that REALLY matter.

https://news.yahoo.com/millionaires-could-tax-cut-build-204022048.html

QuoteThe latest Build Back Better draft includes new surtaxes on people earning more than $10 million per year, but adding the so-called SALT cap repeal would deliver a net tax cut worth $30 billion for the richest 5% of households in 2023, according to an analysis by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

Democrats from states with high income and property taxes have pushed for Build Back Better to include the repeal, which was imposed by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act as a way for Republicans to offset the cost of lower tax rates and also punish blue states.

Only 4% of middle-income households earning between $52,000 and $93,000 would get a tax reduction from the repeal, according to the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, while 93% of households earning more than $1 million annually would pay about $48,000 less in federal taxes.

HuffPost asked Gottheimer: What about everyone else?

“I represent Bergen County, New Jersey,” he said.

The only way this country will change is through violent revolution I fear, and I have no desire to be here when it does... especially since the violence will likely be to go further right than left. The Democrats are just Republicans in rainbow suits.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

The bill as Biden proposed is outlined below and was supposed to be paid for by taxing the wealthy. Can't say I am too surprised but hell...these are supposed to Democrats. Democrats today are as financially liberal as the Republicans of the 60s-70s.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/build-back-better/

Main focus ..pre-school and trade school credits, expansion of ACA, immigration reform and green infrastructure. The Virginia election tonight is supposed to preview the return of Republican cock blocking and even hint at the glorious return of the Trump

SGOS

And Democrats can't figure out why they are losing Virginia.

Draconic Aiur

Tis the only way to make the five percent and it's serfs appeased. By sacrificing a ton of things before them in a pit of fire.

drunkenshoe

There are no nonviolent revolutions. It's a natural phase of revolutions. The 'trouble period'.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Democrats have been blaming progressives for their loss in Virginia.  They knew going in that was going to be a tough slide, because "their" much larger base was not energized.  Let's see... Why would their base not be energized?  Maybe it has something to do with our leaders last 30 years of job performance.  Or the direction they have been taking the Party.  Surely giving tax breaks to billionaires should be a high priority for most voters, and we should be thankful to settle for less so that the wealthy can have more. Most voters want to pay highly inflated prices for pharmaceuticals too.  But instead, they act like they should be entitled to fair representation.

Cassia

We can't really even blame capitalism. We have allowed "platformism". I just made that up, LOL. We have a platform based economy like the power or cable grids, big banking systems, big pharma or a merchandiser like Amazon, FB for boomers, TikTok for youngers and then we prop them and their stock buy-backs with quantitative easing every time they take a bit of a hit. Central Bank are crushing the 'free market', setting bull-shit rates and printing money.

This is not free-market capitalism. The economies of scale have won out and oligarchies and their government stooges run the show. I am afraid you all are correct. There will be no fixing this, however there are cracks in the system. Bitcoin, 'Occupy' and the reddit retail 'ape' investors are really shaking the tree. They are working to deal with all of that as we speak.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on November 03, 2021, 12:38:52 AMAnd Democrats can't figure out why they are losing Virginia.
Their whole agenda got derailed by two of their own.  The people want leadership and the Dems aren't providing.  If the Dems don't want another Trump they better step up, and fast.

Blackleaf

Why are Republicans so hateful of Democrats? From what I've seen, the Democratic Party is basically just Diet GOP. They're not quite as shitty, but they're still shitty. Most of them, anyway. We have a few decent ones, who will never have a chance at becoming President, because their ideas would shake things up too much.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 04, 2021, 01:51:21 PM
Why are Republicans so hateful of Democrats? From what I've seen, the Democratic Party is basically just Diet GOP. They're not quite as shitty, but they're still shitty. Most of them, anyway. We have a few decent ones, who will never have a chance at becoming President, because their ideas would shake things up too much.
In order to use the 'us vs them' tool, one must designate a 'them'.  The dems are the natural 'them'.  For the current Repubs, the dems are simply one (the major one) of the 'thems'; groups are added almost daily it seems.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 04, 2021, 01:51:21 PM
I would agree except for the agenda of the racism, southern pride, anti LGBTQ, anti atheism, anti-separation of church and state, pro-guns, continuation of the big lie, voter suppression, pro Putin, anti abortion, anti-vax, anti-mask, and anti immigration that dominate the republican party.

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 04, 2021, 01:51:21 PMWhy are Republicans so hateful of Democrats? From what I've seen, the Democratic Party is basically just Diet GOP.
Because they're not part of the cult.

Also:

The difference is just as stark with actual representatives:

[spoiler][/spoiler]