Joe Biden All-Time Leader in Insurance Lobby Money Received

Started by Shiranu, November 01, 2021, 04:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/summary.php?ind=F09&cycle=All&recipdetail=M&sortorder=U

Cant get it to quote without going all funky, but to sum up...

Biden - $8.4 mil
Mitt Romney - $7.4 mil
Clinton - $5.4 mil
Skipping to Schumer - $2.7 mil

And then people wonder why Biden has been very vocal about how opposed to universal healthcare he is.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

Actually I do know this. Not gonna complain too much, looking for some pie on the sky dream right now, LOL. So this tax and spend bill he is working to pass right now will help a lot of lower income people and help rebuild our crumbling infrastructure a bit (and help prepare for the coming extreme climate changes.) It is at least a start in fairly taxing the super wealthy, taking a stab at the offshore tax evasion games.

The middle/lower class moron voters will probably end the Democrats' congressional majority and we will be back to a 'zero sum' guberment soon enough. In times of low expectations, tiny victories are good when considering our mostly uneducated, aging and willfully ignorant citizenry. The frustration is real.

SGOS

The Affordable Health Care Act was a windfall for insurance companies, and they want more.  I believe the Obama legacy has a shelf life, but I think Biden is still counting on it.

Cassia

Quote from: SGOS on November 01, 2021, 12:38:46 PM
The Affordable Health Care Act was a windfall for insurance companies, and they want more.  I believe the Obama legacy has a shelf life, but I think Biden is still counting on it.
I would welcome some sort of 'medicare for all' system...in the long run people and institutions would have more certainty and certainty is good for business and personal stress levels.