News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Origin of Cellular Life on Earth

Started by josephpalazzo, June 27, 2013, 06:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabear

Yay! Argument from authority! Twice now. "The merits of my argument are weak, so let's focus on my authority instead."

LOL
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Solitary

:evil:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

josephpalazzo

I was just given a second warning. Thery told me not to link my blog on any of posts. So on the Unruh Effect I said: you can get the derivation by going to my blog. Just google {name of my blog}. This prompted the second warning:

QuoteDear JP,

You have received a warning at ....

Reason:
 -------
 Advertising

JP,

The mods feel that this is a clear case that you are still trying to advertise your blog but by using a loophole instead of an actual link. The principle is the same and we feel that it falls under advertising. Please desist from this tactic.

Thank you.

So what I did is copy and paste the entire bog of The Unruh Effect, and posted in a thread. Yep, all 46 equations + diagram. Waiting to see what will be their next move.

josephpalazzo

Is this the last reply from my theist?

After my last post questioning his credentials, this was his reply:

Quote*************************************

Wow ........  I mean,  WOW !!!  :dizzy:  It's like talking to a sack of hammers!  

Jorge

I can understand your inability to answer. On the real physics presented on my blog, you would get an F. Yet, those derivations were designed for college students. If you don't believe me try to go through an article on the Unruh Effect such as this one: //http://arxiv.org/pdf/0710.5373v1.pdf , and compare it to my derivation, ( http://soi.blogspot.ca/2013/07/the-unruh-effect.html ) you will find that an article published by an expert for other experts is at least 10 times more difficult than my blog. Yet you can't even pass equation (2) on my blog. So stop misrepresenting  yourself. When it comes to science, you have NO credibility.

EDIT: My "friendly" theist is Jorge Fernandez. He is a blogger at trueorigin.org, yep, the website's name is more than just ironical... pathetic would be mild. Anyhoo, here's is one of his blog, a true eye-opener:

http://www.trueorigin.org/to_deception.asp

Seabear

a sack of hammers, huh? I guess when Argument from Authority fails, it's time to fall back on Ad Hominem!

How's it feel to be so dumb, Joseph??  #-o
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

josephpalazzo

It feels great. I know I won't convince this dude. But those who are on that forum, and even those who just lurk, I hope they will think twice before they buy his nonsense. Well, anyway, whatever the outcome, if I planted doubt in one mind, I've done my job.

Seabear

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"It feels great. I know I won't convince this dude. But those who are on that forum, and even those who just lurk, I hope they will think twice before they buy his nonsense. Well, anyway, whatever the outcome, if I planted doubt in one mind, I've done my job.
=D>

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Solitary

josephpalazzo

Can you suffer one more post from Jorge?

QuoteThat's alright, Junior.

Thanks. At my age, that's a real compliment.  

QuoteI've already proven myself in the real world numerous times.
So far, you've done a miserable job. A guy like you who is supposed to have a degree in math/science who can't follow a simple derivation, when the thinking was already done for you, speaks loudly of your inability to comprehend simple concepts, let alone more complex ones like evolution.

QuoteI certainly do not have to prove anything else, much less to the likes of you.

If you can't do it here, on this forum, then it's unlikely you can do it somewhere else.

QuoteI'll let you know when my next book comes out ... been
working on it  between my 'jabs' at you people. :axe    :hehe:

Jorge

Derp.

Plu

You should ask him for his previous book. And if you have too much time on your hands, burn it to the ground line by line. Assuming it's rubbish anyway, which seems likely.

Solitary

Colanth

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Theist:
QuoteMy point : the evidence for God is of a different nature than the
evidence for a ballpoint pen or a book.
Exactly.  A ballpoint pen exists as an object in reality.  God exists solely as an idea in a mind.  No atheist actually argues with that.  (Are you sure that your correspondent isn't a closet atheist? :) )
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Colanth

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Can you suffer one more post from Jorge?

QuoteThat's alright, Junior.

Thanks. At my age, that's a real compliment.  

QuoteI've already proven myself in the real world numerous times.
So far, you've done a miserable job. A guy like you who is supposed to have a degree in math/science who can't follow a simple derivation, when the thinking was already done for you, speaks loudly of your inability to comprehend simple concepts, let alone more complex ones like evolution.

QuoteI certainly do not have to prove anything else, much less to the likes of you.

If you can't do it here, on this forum, then it's unlikely you can do it somewhere else.
You are aware of how a pigeon wins a chess game, right?  Jorge just won your game.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

josephpalazzo

After a hiatus, Jorge came back at me. It's not that he was ignoring me, or had no answer. It's that he was heavily involved in another thread, in which YEC's and OEC's are going at each other's throat. Jorge, being a YEC, said this in one of his outstanding outrage:

QuoteI assure you that the feeling is mutual with the
 qualification that us Biblical Creationists wouldn't trust TEs / OECs
 for theology OR for science. Why? Coz you'all tend to take far
 too many liberties with both - distorting, reinterpreting, selectively
 applying, and so on.

At least the Atheist is consistent - they reject the Bible and blindly
 push towards their Materialistic worldview. The TE / OEC wants to
 have one foot in the Atheist Camp and the other foot in the Christian
 Camp; i.e., they want their cake and eat it too. The Atheist is an
enemy that is clearly recognizable - against God all the way. The
TE / OEC infiltrates the Christian Camp by carrying Christ's Banner
 and then, when you least expect it, they pull an 'Atheist Switch' on
 you.

So like I said, the feeling is mutual, with important qualifications.

Jorge

Anyhoo, he came back to me with this:

QuoteOriginally posted by Jorge
"Junior" was referring to your mental age, not chronological.

Me:That's funny coming from you who can't follow any of the real physics I've posted so far.

Quote"Supposed to have"??? Are you for real?

Me: It's not supposed, it's a fact.

Quote"Can't follow a simple derivation"??? More irrational, unsubstantiated claims

Me: Here's a simple challenge. Even your undocumented nanny would be able to do it. There's a mistake in my thread on the Unruh Effect. Can you find it?

QuoteWork accomplishments, book and papers that I've published would prove you wrong - again!

Me: But no paper published by peer-review journals.

QuoteYou regard yourself as "smart" - don't you know when to quit
 or is it that you take pleasure in making yourself look dumb?

Me: Jorge, stop projecting. In every thread in this forum, you're treated like the village idiot. I'm trying to redeem you.

Find that mistake, and get a boost for your ego.

..........................................................................................................................................................

He shot right back immediately in a follow-up post,

QuoteAs I said, the "junior" referred to your mental age.
Want proof? Just read the above post. Q.E.D.

Jorge

Me: As I said before, you stink at standup comedy. Come on, show me the mistake as I asked you. Whatever happened to praying to God for help?

.........................................................................................................................................................

Stay tuned.

Seabear

"In every thread in this forum, you're treated like the village idiot"

If true, and he is widely ridiculed on that forum, then that should really get his goat.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson