Is it wrong to tell Christians what's wrong with their religion?

Started by Jagella, October 07, 2021, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 07, 2021, 11:06:02 PM
What you know as a fact. :)))  Just as you know god is a fact or jesus is a fact.  Christians don't know a fact from a belief.
Or faith from hope.

Greatest I am

What you know as a fact. :)))  Just as you know god is a fact or jesus is a fact.  Christians don't know a fact from a belief.

There was none. That was the point, stupid.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

You put lies in my mouth then chastise me for your lies.

Nice and honest that, ass hole.

Only the really stupid will not know that there are no supernatural beliefs in Gnostic Christiuanity.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cassia on December 07, 2021, 11:17:09 PM
Or faith from hope.

Another who judges without facts.

What the fuck has happened here since i last visited.

Everyone seems to have taken stupidity pills.

Faith, BTW, is for fools.

That is why Gnostic Christians go with logic, reason and what can be known.

Regards
DL

Cassia

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 08, 2021, 02:22:19 PM
Another who judges without facts.

What the fuck has happened here since i last visited.

Everyone seems to have taken stupidity pills.

Faith, BTW, is for fools.

That is why Gnostic Christians go with logic, reason and what can be known.

Regards
DL
Every xtian moron comes on here claiming to be different. To have the truth. What a joke. Next.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cassia on December 08, 2021, 05:09:43 PM
Every xtian moron comes on here claiming to be different. To have the truth. What a joke. Next.

Where the fuck have I said I have the truth?

Where are you stupid people getting your false facts about me?

Get some fucking quotes, or are you all too retarded?

Regards
DL

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 08, 2021, 02:19:09 PM

Only the really stupid will not know that there are no supernatural beliefs in Gnostic Christiuanity.

Regards
DL
Thank you for kindly informing me of how you define what your gnostic christianity is.  Since you cannot be bothered by informing me, I'll inform you.

A couple of definitions of your religion from the net:

1--Rather than believe in the good of creation, Gnostics regarded matter and, in fact, the whole universe, to be a defilement of the deity -- the god of light/spirit. They taught that the ultimate end would be to overcome matter and be reunited with the parent spirit and realm of light/energy. This would not be achieved by submission to God's laws or through grace (God's forgiveness of man's sins) by acceptance of the living Christ -- the Son of God and Redeemer. Redemption or salvation would occur by awakening the sleeping gnosis (knowledge/wisdom) or "God within" -- through deep thoughts, reflection, and meditation thereby freeing the good spirit imprisoned within the evil physical body.

2--Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωσÏ,,ικόÏ,, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [É£nostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems which originated in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects.[1] These various groups emphasised personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of traditional religious institutions. Viewing material existence as flawed or evil, Gnostic cosmogony generally presents a distinction between a supreme, hidden God and a malevolent lesser divinity (sometimes associated with the Yahweh of the Old Testament)[2] who is responsible for creating the material universe.[3] Gnostics considered the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the supreme divinity in the form of mystical or esoteric insight. Many Gnostic texts deal not in concepts of sin and repentance, but with illusion and enlightenment.[3]

3--There is actually no such thing as Christian Gnosticism, because true Christianity and Gnosticism are mutually exclusive systems of belief. The principles of Gnosticism contradict what it means to be a Christian. Therefore, while some forms of Gnosticism may claim to be Christian, they are in fact decidedly non-Christian.

Gnosticism was perhaps the most dangerous heresy that threatened the early church during the first three centuries. Influenced by such philosophers as Plato, Gnosticism is based on two false premises. First, it espouses a dualism regarding spirit and matter. Gnostics assert that matter is inherently evil and spirit is good. As a result of this presupposition, Gnostics believe anything done in the body, even the grossest sin, has no meaning because real life exists in the spirit realm only.

Second, Gnostics claim to possess an elevated knowledge, a “higher truth” known only to a certain few. Gnosticism comes from the Greek word gnosis which means “to know.” Gnostics claim to possess a higher knowledge, not from the Bible, but acquired on some mystical higher plane of existence. Gnostics see themselves as a privileged class elevated above everybody else by their higher, deeper knowledge of God.

4--Gnostic Christianity is a Way of Life based on the original teachings of Jesus Christ. A gnostic is a person who believes that salvation is gained through the acquisition of divine knowledge or gnosis. Gnostic Christians believe that the knowledge necessary for salvation has been revealed through Jesus Christ. Gnostics recognize that this world is subject to powers of darkness that distort our concept of reality. As Jesus explained, "The shadows of this world are perceived by mortals, and they think they know the Truth, but the Reality which casts the shadows is hidden from them, and they do not perceive the Light." (Sayings 2:2)

When gnostics speak of salvation, they mean being freed from these illusions of darkness so that they can perceive Reality. As Jesus said, "I tell you the truth when I say that only when you perceive shadows as shadows, and search the Light, will you perceive the Reality which is God." (IBID.) He also said, "If you continue to acquire gnosis through me and live by the principles I teach, you will be my true disciples. Then you will learn of Truth, and Truth will set you free." (Testimony of St. John 8:31-32)

------And I could go on posting these definitions for hours.  And just like with any other religion, hardly any two people define what they believe the same way.  This stupid person will tell you that your beliefs are just that--beliefs, bereft of any facts.  For example, god does not exist nor does Jesus.  And 'Christ' is simply a title, not a last name.  There is no heaven, hell or 'the devil' or evil (or good) demons.  As far as I'm concerned, gnostic christian is just another name for 'idiot'.     
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Fuck all the gods and people who wanna shove all that bullshit nonesense in our faces. Not worth one minute of thought to anyone with a real brain. Each 'sect' with their "crafted angle" all lead back to the same centroid....a stinky pile of poop.

Cassia

Have y'all had a similar experience? When some marginalized xtains figure out I am an atheist they would rather bang their latest revelations against me than anyone of their ilk/flock. Especially the ones who have done all sorts of "research" in their studies of fiction and nothingness on some spiritual quest.

They just don't have the courage to give up on their need for authority and purpose.  That's what I tell them. "Grow the fuck up" this 115lber told my 6'2", 250lb coworker as he ordered me a martini. I say it jokingly of course, but goddam...there is nothing less attractive than a grown man who needs a conjured-up daddy and son to tell him how to live. Anyways, these fake-intellectual apologists always find me somehow ("btw; what church do you go to?") and like tryout their latest mental gymnastics.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on December 09, 2021, 12:03:20 AMI say it jokingly of course, but goddam...there is nothing less attractive than a grown man who needs a conjured-up daddy and son to tell him how to live.
As a guy, I'm not super keen on the idea of taking a girl on a date and then hearing some drivel about the end times, either.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on December 09, 2021, 12:03:20 AM
Have y'all had a similar experience? When some marginalized xtains figure out I am an atheist they would rather bang their latest revelations against me than anyone of their ilk/flock. Especially the ones who have done all sorts of "research" in their studies of fiction and nothingness on some spiritual quest.
Claiming a specific Christian affiliation is becoming more and more difficult for people, probably due to some of the church stands that run so contrary to evolving public opinion.  People are forced to take a harder look at doctrine, but are not capable of letting go of faith and fantasy so they drift off into more attractive fantasies of their own.  It's an evolution of Christianity, but unfortunately not an evolution of critical thinking.  I think we will see more of this in the future.

aitm

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 07, 2021, 05:45:45 PM
DNA directly effects our thinking,

Speculation on your part in no way means DNA can effect a child's morality. Are you sure you have had children?  It doesn't take a rational  person long to witness a child's behavior when another takes their toy. Letting DNA correct them is a rather....dumb response.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cassia on December 09, 2021, 12:03:20 AM
Have y'all had a similar experience? When some marginalized xtains figure out I am an atheist they would rather bang their latest revelations against me than anyone of their ilk/flock.

Nobody brings up religion with me, probably because I'm "quiet", "reserved" and "standoffish." I have no interest in hearing about people's religions, much less wasting my breath trying to tell them they're wrong.

Gawdzilla Sama

Same with any fanatics.

He: Want to see my butterfly collection?

Me: How do you keep them alive?

He: Huh?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Greatest I am

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 08, 2021, 05:33:31 PM
Thank you for kindly informing me of how you define what your gnostic christianity is.  Since you cannot be bothered by informing me, I'll inform you.

A couple of definitions of your religion from the net:

1--Rather than believe in the good of creation, Gnostics regarded matter and, in fact, the whole universe, to be a defilement of the deity -- the god of light/spirit. They taught that the ultimate end would be to overcome matter and be reunited with the parent spirit and realm of light/energy. This would not be achieved by submission to God's laws or through grace (God's forgiveness of man's sins) by acceptance of the living Christ -- the Son of God and Redeemer. Redemption or salvation would occur by awakening the sleeping gnosis (knowledge/wisdom) or "God within" -- through deep thoughts, reflection, and meditation thereby freeing the good spirit imprisoned within the evil physical body.

2--Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωσÏ,,ικόÏ,, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [É£nostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems which originated in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects.[1] These various groups emphasised personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of traditional religious institutions. Viewing material existence as flawed or evil, Gnostic cosmogony generally presents a distinction between a supreme, hidden God and a malevolent lesser divinity (sometimes associated with the Yahweh of the Old Testament)[2] who is responsible for creating the material universe.[3] Gnostics considered the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the supreme divinity in the form of mystical or esoteric insight. Many Gnostic texts deal not in concepts of sin and repentance, but with illusion and enlightenment.[3]

3--There is actually no such thing as Christian Gnosticism, because true Christianity and Gnosticism are mutually exclusive systems of belief. The principles of Gnosticism contradict what it means to be a Christian. Therefore, while some forms of Gnosticism may claim to be Christian, they are in fact decidedly non-Christian.

Gnosticism was perhaps the most dangerous heresy that threatened the early church during the first three centuries. Influenced by such philosophers as Plato, Gnosticism is based on two false premises. First, it espouses a dualism regarding spirit and matter. Gnostics assert that matter is inherently evil and spirit is good. As a result of this presupposition, Gnostics believe anything done in the body, even the grossest sin, has no meaning because real life exists in the spirit realm only.

Second, Gnostics claim to possess an elevated knowledge, a “higher truth” known only to a certain few. Gnosticism comes from the Greek word gnosis which means “to know.” Gnostics claim to possess a higher knowledge, not from the Bible, but acquired on some mystical higher plane of existence. Gnostics see themselves as a privileged class elevated above everybody else by their higher, deeper knowledge of God.

4--Gnostic Christianity is a Way of Life based on the original teachings of Jesus Christ. A gnostic is a person who believes that salvation is gained through the acquisition of divine knowledge or gnosis. Gnostic Christians believe that the knowledge necessary for salvation has been revealed through Jesus Christ. Gnostics recognize that this world is subject to powers of darkness that distort our concept of reality. As Jesus explained, "The shadows of this world are perceived by mortals, and they think they know the Truth, but the Reality which casts the shadows is hidden from them, and they do not perceive the Light." (Sayings 2:2)

When gnostics speak of salvation, they mean being freed from these illusions of darkness so that they can perceive Reality. As Jesus said, "I tell you the truth when I say that only when you perceive shadows as shadows, and search the Light, will you perceive the Reality which is God." (IBID.) He also said, "If you continue to acquire gnosis through me and live by the principles I teach, you will be my true disciples. Then you will learn of Truth, and Truth will set you free." (Testimony of St. John 8:31-32)

------And I could go on posting these definitions for hours.  And just like with any other religion, hardly any two people define what they believe the same way.  This stupid person will tell you that your beliefs are just that--beliefs, bereft of any facts.  For example, god does not exist nor does Jesus.  And 'Christ' is simply a title, not a last name.  There is no heaven, hell or 'the devil' or evil (or good) demons.  As far as I'm concerned, gnostic christian is just another name for 'idiot'.     

Let's see if you can use logic instead of believing the B S the inquisitors said to justify their many murders.

Let me speak to the lie of Gnostic Christians hating matter.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religion’s originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.
1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it;  cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said,  "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.
[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL