Is it wrong to tell Christians what's wrong with their religion?

Started by Jagella, October 07, 2021, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: Greatest I am on November 30, 2021, 03:51:15 PM

It is time for atheists to show their better moral worth ...

Stop harping on this bullshit.

There are plenty of atheist child molesters.

Belief in deities and morality are two separate, unrelated topics.

Greatest I am

Quote from: the_antithesis on November 30, 2021, 04:43:49 PM
Stop harping on this bullshit.

There are plenty of atheist child molesters.

Belief in deities and morality are two separate, unrelated topics.

The homophobia and misogyny that threatens all families, including yours, is generated by our mainstream garbage religions.

Ignore that all you like.

I will not.

For evil to grow and all that.

Yes, there are many a hole atheists, but statistically a lot fewer that a hole religionists.

Check the stats any time, and encourage the brighter to shine on the morally dim.

Regards
DL

GSOgymrat

Whether an action is moral is based on intention, action and consequences. If belief in God, or lack of belief, motivates a person to want to help others, take actions that help others, and results in people being helped then it's good. If someone's belief in God results in negative consequences, it's bad. What people profess to believe or not believe does not make one morally superior.

FYI, today is Giving Tuesday and many charitable organizations are receiving matching donations from businesses for individual contributions. Pick your favorite charity and take an action that results in positive consequences.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Greatest I am on November 30, 2021, 05:16:43 PM
The homophobia and misogyny that threatens all families, including yours, is generated by our mainstream garbage religions.

Ignore that all you like.

I will not.

Yes you are.

You're shitposting on an internet forum instead of doing that good you keep banging on about.

And quit with the buzzwords.

Unless you plan to buzz off. That would be fine.

Hydra009

Quote from: Greatest I am on November 30, 2021, 10:11:17 AM
Many places, like your own post, that shows the better atheist morality as compared to homophobes an misogynous religious people.

That would include atheist churches and their better morals.

Regards
DL

aitm

Reality cannot overcome superstition in the mind of those who are already convinced, because reality offers no reward while superstition is awash with them.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on November 30, 2021, 11:48:19 AM
A moral code, is the same as a personal code of conduct. IMO.

As to the morality of Gnostic Christians as compared to Christians, do you find Christian homophobes and misogynous to be more moral than those Gnostic Christians who do not discriminate against women and gays without a just cause?

Regards
DL
Gnostic christians are neither more nor less moral than any other christian.  But then, I don't consider any christian moral.  If some christians do act 'moral' (actually hate suing that word for it is almost meaningless--totally in the eye of the beholder) it is because they overcame their religion, not because of their of their religion. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Greatest I am

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 30, 2021, 05:34:13 PM
Whether an action is moral is based on intention, action and consequences. If belief in God, or lack of belief, motivates a person to want to help others, take actions that help others, and results in people being helped then it's good. If someone's belief in God results in negative consequences, it's bad. What people profess to believe or not believe does not make one morally superior.

Overall, good thinking.

On that last sentence though, I disagree.

Christians believe and practice homophobia and misogyny while adoring a genocidal god.

Gnostic Christians do not discriminate against gays and women without a just cause, and we have basically condemned Yahweh to hell. Not that that exists.

Which view is morally superior?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: the_antithesis on November 30, 2021, 10:36:50 PM
Yes you are.

Emotion induced communication breakdown.

I am what?

I did not ask anything to prompt your reply, stupid.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: aitm on December 01, 2021, 07:52:06 AM
Reality cannot overcome superstition in the mind of those who are already convinced, because reality offers no reward while superstition is awash with them.

Most live by facts and not fantasy, although there is no argument that religions are used for the entertainment value you posit.

Remember that 90+ % of those in the fantasy religions, when push comes to shove, lose the fantasy quite quickly.

Most are in it for tradition and community. Most are not the right wing loonies.

Have you argued with a J W?

Making a fantasy lover back peddle is as easy as teaching children common sense.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 01, 2021, 08:24:20 AM
Gnostic christians are neither more nor less moral than any other christian.  But then, I don't consider any christian moral.  If some christians do act 'moral' (actually hate suing that word for it is almost meaningless--totally in the eye of the beholder) it is because they overcame their religion, not because of their of their religion. 

Untrue, because we would all act differently if not a part of a tribe or group.

You cannot divorce religion from culture and tradition, --- as most follow a tradition for the fellowship, --- regardless of the label used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2VjdpVonY

Regards
DL

the_antithesis

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 01, 2021, 11:16:13 AM
Emotion induced communication breakdown.

You were never communicating. You were preaching. I do not who you are or what you believe, that makes you dead to me.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 01, 2021, 08:24:20 AM
Gnostic christians are neither more nor less moral than any other christian.

Fail on moral thinking by a long shot.

Care to argue for homophobia and misogyny?

Perhaps discrimination without a just cause is a good thing.

Make your case.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: the_antithesis on December 01, 2021, 11:30:19 AM
You were never communicating. You were preaching. I do not who you are or what you believe, that makes you dead to me.

I showed how you were not communicating, and you did it again here by ignoring your first stupidity.

Go away, moral midget.

Regards
DL

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 01, 2021, 11:32:32 AM
Go away, moral midget.

Regards
DL
Wow. You really came out of the woodwork and came out swinging, didn't you.
Care to explain your flaming attitude?