News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Really???!!!

Started by Mike Cl, August 28, 2021, 11:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Robert F. Kennedy Assassin Sirhan Sirhan Granted Parole.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sirhan-sirhan-robert-f-kennedy-rfk-parole_n_612956d3e4b01d0862f0d1de

Yeah, I do understand and fully appreciate the art of forgiveness.  And two of RFK's sons forgive Sirhan Sirhan enough to be for paroling him.  I, however, find it disgusting.  This guy should never see the outside of a cell for the rest of his life.  I am NOT a proponent of the death penalty.  But I do have some personal thresholds that would allow me to personally administer a death penalty for some things.  Sirhan Sirhan fits in that category--I'd off the guy given the chance.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

The whole thing surprises me.  Not that I was there to witness his transformation, but I didn't expect him to get out of jail ever.  My reaction to his release would be that it makes me uncomfortable.  Justifiably so?  I'm not sure.  I'm seldom at ease with bureaucratic decisions of any sort.

Dark Lightning

RFK was really just a greasy guy like any other. I've never understood the infatuation of the people in the US with people who have wealth or "ties" to royalty, to include fawning over them. Those people are/were crooks, but they're just rich. People tend to smoke that particular cigar of being rich, if one catches my drift.

SGOS

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 14, 2021, 09:57:27 PM
RFK was really just a greasy guy like any other. I've never understood the infatuation of the people in the US with people who have wealth or "ties" to royalty, to include fawning over them. Those people are/were crooks, but they're just rich. People tend to smoke that particular cigar of being rich, if one catches my drift.
Since RFK was greasy, do you think Sirhan Sirhan should not be guilty?

Dark Lightning

Didn't say he wasn't guilty. I saw it happen on TV, myself. Just because RFK was who he was doesn't mean Sirhan shouldn't go free. It wasn't my decision to make, either way.

SGOS

I agree.  I just wanted to know your thoughts on Sirhan Sirhan, because that's what the thread was about.