Texas “Turn em in” law

Started by aitm, September 03, 2021, 12:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 05, 2021, 11:19:53 AM
They probably see pregnancy, giving birth and the life time responsibility of a child as the punishment for sex. I'm serious. Their 'logic' works this way as far as I understand. Your age doesn't matter. If you are old enough to get pregnant... There!
From the way it was explained to me by an actual pro-lifer, if you do the deed, you have to accept the results.

It's one of those things that sounds superficially persuasive, but imagine the fire dept not putting out a fire at your house because you made a mistake and accidentally started a fire and now you just have to accept your house burning down.  Same logic, but that one sounds much less convincing.

She also equates fetus with baby, which is a frustrating misconception.  Suffice it to say that I have yet to order eggs and bacon and expect bacon on a chicken breast.

The worst thing about this is that family planning dramatically reduces abortions and I'll give you two guesses which side of the aisle supports that more.

aitm

If you could convince repubs that they can expect more black children than white and by racist thinking expect more on the welfare dole, the law would be changed to exclude them…
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Quote from: aitm on September 05, 2021, 06:46:46 PM
If you could convince repubs that they can expect more black children than white and by racist thinking expect more on the welfare dole, the law would be changed to exclude them…

I think that would just give them more incentive to cut welfare. 
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on September 05, 2021, 06:46:46 PM

Let's say that's the case, we convinced them. Can they really do something like that openly? Trying to get how far things have gone in general. I'll need to renew my touristic visa in 2024. :/
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 06, 2021, 12:16:32 PM
Let's say that's the case, we convinced them. Can they really do something like that openly? Trying to get how far things have gone in general. I'll need to renew my touristic visa in 2024. :/
Of course they could.  Look at the ease with which they are changing the face of voting, making it harder for the poor and people with nonwhite skin to vote.  And look how easy they are working around Roe v. Wade, making it useless.  And on and on.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Ooof. So the next, post Trump US visit will suck, right? That is supposed to be the Europe vacation, not the US! I'm not talking to Americans right now.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 07, 2021, 04:03:41 AM
Ooof. So the next, post Trump US visit will suck, right? That is supposed to be the Europe vacation, not the US! I'm not talking to Americans right now.
You are an individual on an individual trip.  Your next visit could be very pleasant.  Just as a trip to Russia or China could be pleasant.  You pick the right spots and you'd have a good experience.  Of course, the opposite could also be true.  Will I be doing much traveling in this country right now?  No.  We will be sticking to home--and I mean house home.  We will not go anywhere unless it is essential to us--you know dr. apt, grocery shopping, those kinds of trips.  Of course, having said that, in a week we will be going to the CA coast--Mendocino area.  But even then, it will be to visit daughter and husband who run a camp site (huge one) right on the coast.  So, it will be to visit them, and they are both avid anti covid in that they always distance and wear masks.  And only for 5 days.  Then back home and our shut-in ways.

I would advise that you travel here at your own risk.  Good luck no matter what you decide.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Yeah...My situation is not about a vacation of course. I can live without traveling anywhere, but my only sibling is an American citizen, it's her chosen beloved home, and I have to/need to be available to fly to the US just like that in a heart beat when she needs me. So that's my worry.

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 07, 2021, 12:44:55 PM
Yeah...My situation is not about a vacation of course. I can live without traveling anywhere, but my only sibling is an American citizen, it's her chosen beloved home, and I have to/need to be available to fly to the US just like that in a heart beat when she needs me. So that's my worry.
Ah, I see.  I think you could probably slip in and out fairly easily.  And visiting a sibling is different than just traveling.  Hopefully, you won't 'have' to come any time soon.  BTW, what area does she live in?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 07, 2021, 02:41:52 PM
Ah, I see.  I think you could probably slip in and out fairly easily.  And visiting a sibling is different than just traveling.  Hopefully, you won't 'have' to come any time soon.  BTW, what area does she live in?

Oregon.

aitm

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 07, 2021, 12:44:55 PM
Well we could get married and you could stay here. Sure! We have about a week to get married and of course consummate  the marriage before my wife finds out…….😏.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on September 07, 2021, 03:36:45 PM
Well we could get married and you could stay here. Sure! We have about a week to get married and of course consummate  the marriage before my wife finds out…….😏.

Darling, we have been married for over ten years... And I'll be here forever.

Mike Cl

drunkenshoe

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2021/09/13/texas-gop-website-restored-after-being-hacked-by-pro-abortion-activists/

So it was hacked, and restored again.

CAPS ON>I'm thinking these kind of sites could be some hacker training points in the future. <CAPS OFF LOL, just a joke. Writing a sic-fi story. :D

Shiranu

While the violation of Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood vs Casey are obviously massive, one thing that has been swept under the rug in this discussion of it being a violation of women's rights is that the law opens up a means for conservative states to violate all individual rights; when an unconstitutional law is enforced by the state we are allowed to sue the state and take it to the Supreme Court, however when it is enforced by private individuals you no longer have that option.

This leaves a loophole now for authoritarians who oppose individual liberties to enact similar laws across the board that give their followers the ability to enforce unconstitutional laws upon others; if Mussolini isn't allowed to arrest you and the court opposes it then his brown-shirts legally can and the court will support it.

By tying it in with Roe v. Wade, the GOP have managed to make the conversation around it be one of an identity politics issues (which it 100% rightly is) instead of an attempt to circumvent the Constitution, which their heavily partisan Supreme Court has decided to allow.

Just as an aside, it was just yesterday or day before that Amy Coney Barrett was crying to the press that it's unfair how the Supreme Court is viewed as partisan; just more smoke and mirrors to try and divert people's attention that the Supreme Court is actively encouraging and directing one party on how to ignore the Constitution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnO7pL-QWyc
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur