Texas “Turn em in” law

Started by aitm, September 03, 2021, 12:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Wonder how that will work. Are they setting up an anonymous hot line? Just call in a persons name? “ Hi, I think Jane Doe is pregnant and looking for an abortion……I think John Doe is supplying funds to Mary Smith for an abortion?

Seems simple enough to wreck that idea in about 4 hours. Start turning in all the reps’ wives, daughters, sisters, mothers,  grandmothers as being pregnant, then start on all the reps and their sons, brothers, father as accessories. Hell they could blow that place apart in a couple hours. And if the “special police” have to investigate each call…..well good fuckin luck with that.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

How do we report people having an abortion/aiding someone with an abortion. Maybe we can have a call to action that spam-reports the dipshit politicians and policymakers that brought this to fruition.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mike Cl

Help enforce the Texas Heartbeat Act.

https://prolifewhistleblower.com/

A conservative group has a hotline set up to report those who violate the new Texas law.  And it has already been swamped with people screwing with that system. 

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

This law reminds me of the slavery era--people got bounties for returning runaway slaves. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Oh hell, never mind, them peeps are way ahead of me…already slammed the website. Good for them
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Tl;dr; Other than expanding the Supreme Court to prevent this, Democrats have had since 1978 to passive Legislative law protecting Roe v. Wade (as it stood it only set a precedent) whenever they have held the majority + presidency.

But what would be the advantage of doing that, when it is such a good thing to get votes off of?

QuoteOf course, Biden campaigned on a promise to pass such a federal law â€" and the good news is that he and his Democratic colleagues in Congress remain in a position to actually make that happen. There is already legislation introduced in Congress to do this. It is called the Women’s Health Protection Act, it already has 48 sponsors in the Senate, and its core precepts are wildly popular according to survey data.

And yet as Republican legislators in states across the country have been passing laws to try to restrict abortion, Democrats didn’t even introduce the latest version of this bill until June, even though there have been versions of it going back to at least 2013. And then, after Democrats finally introduced it again, the legislation has been languishing in a committee â€" all while Democrats have been raising money off their promises to protect a woman’s right to choose.

This bill doesn’t have to sit in a committee. Democrats can pass it â€" not next week, not next month, but today. Right now. And they could seek help from Republican senators Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Susan Collins of Maine, who have both said they support Roe and who have both humiliated themselves by previously insisting that the Republican Supreme Court nominees they’ve approved would not overturn Roe.

https://jacobinmag.com/2021/09/congress-democrats-abortion-rights-legislation-majority-womens-health
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on September 04, 2021, 01:31:51 AM
But what would be the advantage of doing that, when it is such a good thing to get votes off of?
I decided long ago that solving problems, especially controversial ones left nothing for Democrats to make empty campaign promises about.  The best thing that ever happened for the Democratic Party is the Republican Party.

drunkenshoe

I've just clicked the site out of curiosity.

QuoteYour access to this site has been limited by the site owner Your access to this service has been limited. (HTTP response code 503)  If you think you have been blocked in error, contact the owner of this site for assistance.

Block Reason:    Access from your area has been temporarily limited for security reasons.

E: I've also heard that kids are hitting it with 'bots', but I have no idea how that works, lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

trdsf

Domain registrar GoDaddy has cut off the Texas abortion "whistleblower" website for violating their TOS.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mermaid

So a 12 year old kid can't be forced to wear a mask, but she CAN be forced to give birth.

I don't see the problem here. *shrug*
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

drunkenshoe

They probably see pregnancy, giving birth and the life time responsibility of a child as the punishment for sex. I'm serious. Their 'logic' works this way as far as I understand. Your age doesn't matter. If you are old enough to get pregnant... There!

Mermaid

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 05, 2021, 11:19:53 AM
They probably see pregnancy, giving birth and the life time responsibility of a child as the punishment for sex. I'm serious. Their 'logic' works this way as far as I understand. Your age doesn't matter. If you are old enough to get pregnant... There!
Beleeeeeeeeeeeve me. I know you're serious.

That's exactly exactly what it is.

trdsf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 05, 2021, 11:19:53 AM
But only if you're a woman, of course.  Men have nothing to do with this.

If they coupled this law with additional laws for a DNA registry to identify and hold equally responsible the father, as well as ensure health care, child care, and the other necessities of raising a child, and have a properly funded education system that wasn't beholden to a small panel of anti-science christofascists, it might be very slightly less the self-righteous sexist bullshit that it is.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan