Feds to Ban Import of Russian Arms and Ammunition

Started by Shiranu, August 20, 2021, 09:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Like clockwork, the reaction from gun fanatics is, "THIS IS ALL A PLOT TO TAKE OUR GUNNNNNNS!"... but before getting to that, I would just like to take a second to appreciate the reason given for this new import ban.

As per the official statement by the US Department of State...

QuoteThe United States will impose a second round of sanctions on the Russian Federation over its use of a “Novichok” nerve agent in the August 2020 poisoning of Russian opposition figure Aleksey Navalny.

I love that the only gun regulation we get is not to protect American citizens but rather explicitly so we can swing our dicks around at the Russians.

But getting back to the gun fanatic reaction to this... who do they think profits most from this? Could it not possibly the American gun lobby that spends millions upon millions in bribes donations, the ones who just knocked out nearly all of their competition, that wanted this to go through?

After all we are no longer in Afghanistan and that is going to be a major blow to American arms profits... so why not recoup that by getting a monopoly on domestic sales, especially when gun and ammo sales are at historic highs.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

I don't go anywhere without my six demon bag, so I don't need a gun.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS