News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Just another sign post.

Started by Mike Cl, August 04, 2021, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

A Trump bombshell quietly dropped last week. And it should shock us all.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-bombshell-quietly-dropped-last-102002627.html

Since little to nothing is being done about it, it will simply encourage trumpies around the country.  An almost coup happened--so what will it take to make it actually happen?  trumpies are on it!  They are making headway while our so call republic is simply sitting and spinning.  The Biden lead batch of demo's are wasting time and not really looking at what needs to be done to save what little of a republic we have.  1932 Germany anybody???

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

I kinda hope Trump runs again next Presidential election. Maybe that'll motivate Democrats to actually go out and vote, rather than get complacent again. Maybe Trump will try, but Republicans will nominate someone else instead. Then being the sore loser that he is, he'll run anyway as an independent, splitting the Conservative vote in two. In any case, it is very worrying how much shit the Republican party allowed Trump to get away with. They clearly will let anything happen, as long as it furthers their goals. The fact that so many Conservatives still believe the election was stolen is very concerning. It means they're more than willing to destroy the current way of doing things and just declare themselves the winners. If they could establish a Republican as a dictator, they would.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 04, 2021, 02:31:29 PM
The fact that so many Conservatives still believe the election was stolen is very concerning. It means they're more than willing to destroy the current way of doing things and just declare themselves the winners. If they could establish a Republican as a dictator, they would.
Yeah, I find this very disturbing as well.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Could a dictatorship happen here?  Well of course, it can happen anywhere, and the path we are on right now pretty much mirrors the way it usually happens.  As for Democrats getting out to vote, I believe they will, but you need the liberal votes as well to make a majority.  The question is whether Trump remains repugnant enough to create a big enough emergency to get the liberals out to vote.  But I could be wrong.  My thinking is that Trump will keep the small majority alienated enough so that he won't win a second (third) attempt.  But that does nothing to solve the problem that is destroying the republic, and politicians don't want to address that.  They are concentrated on Trump's behavior only to the extent that it gets them reelected and this is true for both parties, while the bigger issue is ignored.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on August 05, 2021, 08:51:01 AM
Could a dictatorship happen here?  Well of course, it can happen anywhere, and the path we are on right now pretty much mirrors the way it usually happens.  As for Democrats getting out to vote, I believe they will, but you need the liberal votes as well to make a majority.  The question is whether Trump remains repugnant enough to create a big enough emergency to get the liberals out to vote.  But I could be wrong.  My thinking is that Trump will keep the small majority alienated enough so that he won't win a second (third) attempt.  But that does nothing to solve the problem that is destroying the republic, and politicians don't want to address that.  They are concentrated on Trump's behavior only to the extent that it gets them reelected and this is true for both parties, while the bigger issue is ignored.

People Think There’s Something ‘Third Reich’ About Trump’s New Cards For Supporters.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/people-think-something-third-reich-071129809.html

I think I'll get one--especially like the one with the German Eagle on it.  Just in case, ya know!!!

SGOS

Get stopped by a cop?  Just flash him your official Trump card.  A long waiting line in a restaurant?  Just identify yourself with your Trump card.  Getting mugged in a dark alley?  I would get one, if I could get it with my name as member in good standing was embossed on the card.  I would show it to my friends.  If they wanted to come to my house, I would require they have a Trump card. 

Not good for senior discounts, Walmart, or proof of insurance at a clinic, but the status... Think of the status!

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on August 05, 2021, 09:22:46 AM
Get stopped by a cop?  Just flash him your official Trump card.  A long waiting line in a restaurant?  Just identify yourself with your Trump card.  Getting mugged in a dark alley?  I would get one, if I could get it with my name as member in good standing was embossed on the card.  I would show it to my friends.  If they wanted to come to my house, I would require they have a Trump card. 

Not good for senior discounts, Walmart, or proof of insurance at a clinic, but the status... Think of the status!
My thoughts exactly!!