News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A troubling path

Started by Mike Cl, August 04, 2021, 09:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

White extremism is winning in my Vermont town. I'm selling my animal sanctuary and moving.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-extremism-winning-vermont-town-071504354.html

The problem with the headline is that no matter where this guy moves, the white nationalists will be there.  Trumpism is winning--reference Ohio.  That means the rest of us are losing--losing our country to a fascists' movement.  And it is growing.  Biden appears to not want to get very serious about changing that growth and congress is still doing little to combat it as well.  The Supreme Court certainty will not stop it.     I really hope I'm just a blind old man who cannot see clearly.  I hope.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 04, 2021, 09:00:12 AM
White extremism is winning in my Vermont town. I'm selling my animal sanctuary and moving.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-extremism-winning-vermont-town-071504354.html

The problem with the headline is that no matter where this guy moves, the white nationalists will be there.  Trumpism is winning--reference Ohio.  That means the rest of us are losing--losing our country to a fascists' movement.  And it is growing.  Biden appears to not want to get very serious about changing that growth and congress is still doing little to combat it as well.  The Supreme Court certainty will not stop it.     I really hope I'm just a blind old man who cannot see clearly.  I hope.
Sheeet. This Vermont guy should try the Old South for a while, LOL. Some of our local law enforcement officers have been charged with the insurrection. Hell, we have been thinking about a cabin in the NEK, but prices went bonkers.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on August 04, 2021, 10:17:03 AM
Sheeet. This Vermont guy should try the Old South for a while, LOL. Some of our local law enforcement officers have been charged with the insurrection. Hell, we have been thinking about a cabin in the NEK, but prices went bonkers.
The only thing keeping me in this country is my age.  If I were 30 years younger I'd take a very hard look at Sweden, since I have a large number of relatives that live there--both my mother's parents are from there and we have visited them in the past.  They seem to have a much healthier form of govt. than this country.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?