News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I'm mentally ill

Started by rhythm, August 03, 2021, 02:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhythm

I feel like I can't fit in anywhere. I'm only 20 yrs old and I feel like an outcast everywhere

I'm just too weird to fit in anywhere

PopeyesPappy

<---- Not a doctor or therapist

In your intro thread you mentioned you were autistic. What kind of support groups for autistic adults have you tried?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

rhythm

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 03, 2021, 03:29:34 PM
<---- Not a doctor or therapist

In your intro thread you mentioned you were autistic. What kind of support groups for autistic adults have you tried?

I haven't tried any. Too afraid of embarrassment

PopeyesPappy

Well, that's what they are for. You should try it.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Biffster

Quote from: rhythm on August 03, 2021, 02:59:20 PM
I feel like I can't fit in anywhere. I'm only 20 yrs old and I feel like an outcast everywhere

I'm just too weird to fit in anywhere
Going to need to start somewhere, rhythm. Mental illness can be a setback but it’s not a death sentence. I’ve been a teacher for over 30 years myself. There’s people with mental illness in all walks of life. You need a good doctor and some good meds and patience with yourself. You can do this.

aitm

The first step has to be yours. Don’t stop before you even start. Give yourself a break. Everyone needs a boost sometimes and lots of people need a boost more often. It’s not an embarrassment to want help, that is a sign of understanding you could use a hand. There are a lot of organizations who are there to do just that. They want to help. They WANT to help. Let them.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Aye, what these lads said. Give it a shot if you can. Improving your life means trying to better for yourself everyday, because you are worth it. Acknowledge yourself what you need.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SoldierofFortune

I am an amateur psychiatrist, trust in what i say.

I have gained the knowledge and become an amateur psychiatrist through a lot of reading, and experiments by psychoactive(pharmachologic) drugs on myself; legal and illegal drugs.

the way to recovering is by the way of taking professional help but it contributes just a little bit. Self-help plays the bigger role.

I dont know the medical system you are in but i have heard it sucks in the USA IF you cannot afford.

You will be your own doctor and there is no way out.

drunkenshoe

@rhythm If you think you are mentally ill, get professional help. Stop asking for help in public forums. That's the best advice. It's not just meaningless and fruitless, it could also be dangerous and harmful for you. There is nothing to be embarassed about getting help with mental illness. It will also drastically improve your interaction problems.

However... while you complain about feeling awkward, losing your virginity and describing the sex you had is the first thing you write in your introduction post in a public place. This is not a conservative forum, but that would look like you are trying to be awkward in general, the way you put it. Not because you are talking about sex, but because you are talking about yourself with a private information people wouldn't want to know about another right off the bat. Is this something about the interaction problems you have?

@SoldierofFortune Psychiatrists are medical doctors, you don't get to be an 'amateur psychiatrist' or 'be your own doctor'.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 05, 2021, 01:44:30 PM
@rhythm If you think you are mentally ill, get professional help. Stop asking for help in public forums. That's the best advice. It's not just meaningless and fruitless, it could also be dangerous and harmful for you. There is nothing to be embarassed about getting help with mental illness. It will also drastically improve your

However... while you complain about feeling awkward, losing your virginity and describing the sex you had is the first thing you write in your introduction post in a public place. This is not a conservative forum, but that would look like you are trying to be awkward in general, the way you put it. Not because you are talking about sex, but because you are talking about yourself with a private information people wouldn't want to know about another right off the bat. Is this something about the interaction problems you have?

@SoldierofFortune Psychiatrists are medical doctors, you don't get to be an 'amateur psychiatrist' or 'be your own doctor'.

All through the medical education students learn from the vast literature, which cannot be fully absorbed. Thats why students choose from the branches on which they want to spesialise. Any medical doctor who successfully complete the course earns a degree and is called just practitioner. I know from experience, I have known lots of them, that most of them attend classes about, say, psychiatri, just about 2 months long and pass another branch, say, cardiology which is no relation to psychiatry. By the way, a serious and hardworking student finally integrates all the branches he has studied along the way which takes 6 years of cramming.

So, a med student studies psychiatry so short, but, ı have a working knowledge which comes from the fact that 1: I am one who suffers, 2: thanks to the advances in the internet technology, although the internet at very high persent is bullshit and rubbish, there are some reliable sources which any sufferer can almost truly self-diagnose.

I am also a victim of malpractice and wrong diagnosis which makes my suffering longer and longer.

But it is funny enough most doctors dont like patients who search on the net before the doctor visit; when i speak of my illness by articulating med. terminology, they are like, forget the terms, use the ordinary language whereas ı just want to be accessible and clear : )

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 05, 2021, 02:33:02 PM

All through the medical education students learn from the vast literature, which cannot be fully absorbed. Thats why students choose from the branches on which they want to spesialise. Any medical doctor who successfully complete the course earns a degree and is called just practitioner. I know from experience, I have known lots of them, that most of them attend classes about, say, psychiatri, just about 2 months long and pass another branch, say, cardiology which is no relation to psychiatry. By the way, a serious and hardworking student finally integrates all the branches he has studied along the way which takes 6 years of cramming.

So, a med student studies psychiatry so short, but, ı have a working knowledge which comes from the fact that 1: I am one who suffers, 2: thanks to the advances in the internet technology, although the internet at very high persent is bullshit and rubbish, there are some reliable sources which any sufferer can almost truly self-diagnose.

I am also a victim of malpractice and wrong diagnosis which makes my suffering longer and longer.

But it is funny enough most doctors dont like patients who search on the net before the doctor visit; when i speak of my illness by articulating med. terminology, they are like, forget the terms, use the ordinary language whereas ı just want to be accessible and clear : )

Konu bunların hiçbirisi değil. Kendi akıl hastalığından bahseden insana, psikiyatri veya psikiyatristler hakkında kişisel tecrübeye göre atıp tutulmaz. Karşında ne var bilmiyosun. Burada intihar eden de oldu -e: üyelerden birisi anlamında dedim burda derken, lol- bilmem ne yapan da. Bak insanlar nasıl cevap vermişler. Çok üzülürsün sonra, garip saçma sapan şeyler olur. Değmez.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp