News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jan. 6 testimony

Started by Mike Cl, July 27, 2021, 10:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

‘Disgraceful’: Police Officers Slam GOP Denials About Jan. 6 In Searing Testimony

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/police-officers-testimony-january-6-capitol-attack_n_61006438e4b0d1b96e5fe366

This is not new stuff.  We have been seeing it and hearing it for 6 months now.  This will end up being a coherent collection of materials that will, of course, demonstrate the depth of trump's traitorous acts.  He makes Benedict Arnold look like a piker.  My personal prediction of what will happen to trump is ---------nothing.  At this point I think Biden is more interested in protecting the office of the Presidency and not defending this country or constitution. 

Not only will nothing happen, trump may very well run for president or congress.  And I can see him winning.  This country is toast.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Biffster

Blue lives matter, except for the blue lives that were protecting the Capitol on January 6.

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 27, 2021, 10:30:59 PM
trump may very well run for president or congress.  And I can see him winning.  This country is toast.
It is possible he could win, because obviously he has done it before, but there is still a decisive majority to oppose him.  The last election turnout broke all records because disaffected Democrats and disinterested voters saw him as the threat to democracy, and hence the welfare of the average citizen.  That critical block was not drawn to the polls by Biden or the average Democrat.

Trump has a remarkably huge appeal to galvanize a record following, but by playing to the lowest common denominator of the conservative movement, he is also his own worst enemy.  He has little to fear from the Democratic Party itself, and can easily discredit it, but he also galvanizes the unaffiliated liberals.

Trump draws voters of all walks of life to the polls.  Democrats cannot generate that much interest to do the same without Trump posing such an offensive threat by himself.  Unaffiliated liberals will always be there disregarded and unseen by the Democratic Party, but if the party continues to depend on Trumps low approval, they may lose that critical block of voters that only appear at the polls under dire threats to the democracy.  Many of us expect our president to be more than just better than Trump or the average conservative.  Being better than the worst possible, is not inspirational enough to generate much enthusiasm to keep up those high turnouts at the elections.

Shiranu

Phil DeFranco addresses this topic (8:15), and another important aspect; not only is it politicians and conservatives trying to erase the truth it's social media platforms themselves involved in it as well with algorithms that suppress videos that show the violence and terrorism and flags it as inappropriate content.

Sometimes the War on Truth isn't even intentional but just a byproduct of the sanitized world we live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKKE8qBHH5g
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

At this point I truly believe if 9/11 had been done by radical right-wing terrorists, FOX News would be here trying to justify it and downplay it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8JX91EpleI
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

Fox talking heads sometimes plead their content is "entertainment" when challenged. Yeah sure, but they know damn well it is considered to be news by the clueless.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cassia on July 28, 2021, 10:21:43 AM
Fox talking heads sometimes plead their content is "entertainment" when challenged. Yeah sure, but they know damn well it is considered to be news by the clueless.

They won a lawsuit on that defense, right?

Considering literally all of FOX News branding is that they are news and nothing indicates they are entertainment, I can't help but wonder how much they had to "donate" to judges to get them to rule in their favor on that one...

aitm

I think more and more as time passes by that many of trumps not quite so radical supporters are actually seeing the true side of him. I almost hope he runs to get slaughtered, but his followers will embark on a kill mission under the firm belief that liberals don’t own guns and won’t fight back. They will be wrong when people’s kids start getting in the cross fire.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust