Trump Business May Face Crimminal Charges

Started by SGOS, June 26, 2021, 09:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

QuoteNYT "The Manhattan district attorney’s office has informed Donald J. Trump’s lawyers that it is considering criminal charges against his family business, the Trump Organization, in connection with fringe benefits the company awarded a top executive, according to several people with knowledge of the matter.

The prosecutors had been building a case for months against the executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, as part of an effort to pressure him to cooperate with a broader inquiry into Mr. Trump’s business dealings. But it was not previously known that the Trump Organization also might face charges."
Long before Trump's election, NPR ran several interviews in which experts talked about this, commenting that certain Trump business practices were against the law.  I even posted about it in the forum, and some Trump supporter who had been hanging out here, but it now gone, challenged me with the old "Prove it," come back.  Of course I couldn't do this, because I was just reporting what others had said, so I shut up and felt embarrassed, especially when none of these accusations were followed up by any legal agencies.  And the FBI was busy looking into Trump's ties with the Russians, which didn't go anywhere either.

Will it be different now that he is out of politics, or is this just more politics?  I'm thinking if you can't make any of this stick, just leave it alone, although I'm not sure that's the best way to handle it either.  Even if he bilked New York City out of a billion dollars, his followers in the red states wouldn't give a rats behind about it.

Mike Cl

What I see happening is that Trump will get a walk on all of it!  Not sure why, but each president seems hell-bent on keeping as much power in the hands of the executive branch as much as possible, and to grow that power as much as they can--and that includes Biden.  The Justice (total misname) Dept. seems hell-bent on ignoring Barr and is seditious actions and rulings.  Trump's companies may be charged with criminal behavior, but that won't affect Trump himself.  Ford pardoned Nixon (for the good of the country--yeah, fucking right!!) and the mold was really set--the president (whoever that may be) can do no wrong.  And Trump simply anchored in cement that ANYTHING can be done with power and money; and if one is president one cannot be prosecuted--or won't be.  Biden will not pardon Trump but he will ignore him--to the determent of this country.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

I'd much rather have Biden than Trump, but I'm not one to think that the country is now back on track.  We still have the same problems we had before Trump.

aitm

Quote from: SGOS on June 26, 2021, 09:16:45 AM
I'd much rather have Biden than Trump, but I'm not one to think that the country is now back on track.  We still have the same problems we had before Trump.
True, but now we have 40 odd million who are truly off the rails. Not that they were genius’s to begin with but for fucks sake they were emboldened to be down right ignorant and proud of it. And it is still going and growing.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on June 26, 2021, 09:16:45 AM
Biden is a much better choice than trump--anybody would be.  But it would be better if Biden was as anxious to save this country than to gather more power for the presidency.  And I do wish he would be more forceful in prosecuting trump for the seditious traitor that he really is.  That needs to be advertised and acted upon, or a much more cunning trump-like person will show up and complete what trump has started.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?