Yale Psychiatry Professor talks about "Unloading a Revolver" Into White People

Started by arch warmonger, June 06, 2021, 03:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch warmonger

link

QuoteHere are some of the quotes from the lecture:

This is the cost of talking to white people at all. The cost of your own life, as they suck you dry. There are no good apples out there. White people make my blood boil. (Time stamp: 6:45)

I had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any white person that got in my way, burying their body, and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step. Like I did the world a fucking favor.  (Time stamp: 7:17)

White people are out of their minds and they have been for a long time.  (Time stamp: 17:06)

We are now in a psychological predicament, because white people feel that we are bullying them when we bring up race. They feel that we should be thanking them for all that they have done for us. They are confused, and so are we. We keep forgetting that directly talking about race is a waste of our breath. We are asking a demented, violent predator who thinks that they are a saint or a superhero, to accept responsibility. It ain’t gonna happen. They have five holes in their brain. It’s like banging your head against a brick wall. It’s just like sort of not a good idea. (Time stamp 17:13)

We need to remember that directly talking about race to white people is useless, because they are at the wrong level of conversation. Addressing racism assumes that white people can see and process what we are talking about. They can’t. That’s why they sound demented. They don’t even know they have a mask on. White people think it’s their actual face. We need to get to know the mask. (Time stamp 17:54)

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

arch warmonger

"The left, whom you identify with, are populated and led by complete psychos."

"Oh."

Shiranu

First and foremost, unacceptable behavior and she should be immediately terminated from her professorship at Yale.

Only problem is it's going to be extremely hard for Yale to fire her as a professor, since she isn't a professor as you stated.

QuoteIn the online lecture, on April 6, the psychiatrist, Dr. Aruna Khilanani, who has a private practice in New York and is not affiliated with Yale...

Yale, upon discovering this, immediately removed her lectures and barred her from doing guest online lectures with them again, and from admin to professors her behavior was condemned. Convenient how that bit was left out.

She was punished, which is what "ThE lEfT" do to people who break the rules... unlike the right, who give them prime-time guest slots, lucrative book deals and a cozy job grifting for millions.

I also think NYC should look into revoking her license for her to practice, and I'm probably the most "left" here.   

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/06/nyregion/yale-psychiatrist-aruna-khilanani.html
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Quote from: arch warmonger on June 06, 2021, 03:26:02 PM
"The left, whom you identify with, are populated and led by complete psychos."

"Oh."

The Right find one example of extreme behavior on the part of people on the Left, and they think that brings the whole house of cards down. You don't think there have been any cases of extreme behavior from the Right, moron?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Blackleaf

Also, are professors our leaders now? First I've even heard of this Dr. Aruna Khilanani, but apparently, they represent me. Interesting.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GSOgymrat

Arch warmonger, do you think Dr. Khilanani should be canceled by the Left or should the Left honor freedom of speech?

arch warmonger

If they honor her freedom of speech, they should also allow Richard Spencer and similar types. If they allow the first but not the latter then they're just a mouthpiece for the far left and its insanity.

Shiranu

Quote from: arch warmonger on June 06, 2021, 05:52:00 PM
If they honor her freedom of speech, they should also allow Richard Spencer and similar types. If they allow the first but not the latter then they're just a mouthpiece for the far left and its insanity.

Yale is a private institution, they have no obligation to honor her freedom of speech, nor anyone else.

And given they didn't honor it by cancelling her, then this "mouthpiece for the far left insanity" jazz your spewing really just seems to be wishful thinking.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

arch warmonger

Can an institution that receives over half a billion dollars a year in federal grants truly be called private? Institutions that disregard the 1st amendment shouldn't be allowed any kind of federal money. And even if they stand for freedom of speech now, who's to say that the next generation of activists-cum-administrators won't change their policies? The decline in support for freedom of speech is generational and shows no sign of reversal.

Shiranu

QuoteCan an institution that receives over half a billion dollars a year in federal grants truly be called private?

Yes, because that's not what private vs public means.

QuoteInstitutions that disregard the 1st amendment shouldn't be allowed any kind of federal money.

And people who don't know what the first amendment does and doesn't protect shouldn't bother themselves with feigned outrage, but here we are.

arch warmonger

The line has been getting blurrier since FDR took office, regardless, federal money especially in education should be contingent on such things.

Shiranu

Quote from: arch warmonger on June 06, 2021, 07:46:36 PM
The line has been getting blurrier since FDR took office, regardless, federal money especially in education should be contingent on such things.

Why should federal money be contingent on private industry exercising their recognized rights only in ways you agree with?

arch warmonger

Wouldn't financing people who violate the First Amendment be in its own way a violation of the First Amendment? How much do you care about the First Amendment?