U.S. Police Forces Trained in Israel, Former IDF Soldiers

Started by Shiranu, May 26, 2021, 09:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

I was watching a video of Israeli police shooting a girl in the leg for following their orders, then shooting her dad in the leg and hitting them with a sound grenade, and a thought came into my head... "Holy shit, the way the Israeli police move and behave looks creepy similar to American police."

Well lo-and-fucking-behold...

On federal taxpayer dime we send our police to be trained by terrorist to come back home and be terrorists, or import the terrorists here to teach them.
QuoteWhen the U.S. Department of Justice published a report Aug. 10 that documented “widespread constitutional violations, discriminatory enforcement, and culture of retaliation” within the Baltimore Police Department (BPD), there was rightly a general reaction of outrage.

But what hasn’t received as much attention is where Baltimore police received training on crowd control, use of force and surveillance: Israel’s national police, military and intelligence services.

Baltimore law enforcement officials, along with hundreds of others from Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California, Arizona, Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Georgia, Washington state as well as the DC Capitol police have all traveled to Israel for training. Thousands of others have received training from Israeli officials here in the U.S.

https://www.amnestyusa.org/with-whom-are-many-u-s-police-departments-training-with-a-chronic-human-rights-violator-israel/
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

I really liked the local sheriff and cops when I was a kid. They would drive my drunk father home from the bar, eat donuts, smile, and help people. More like Mayberry than the IDF. 'War on drugs' was the enzyme that started this.

GSOgymrat

Yes, I remember after 9/11 Israel trained a lot of US law enforcement and consulted with US government agencies because the Israelis were considered experts in counterterrorism.

Blackleaf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 26, 2021, 10:20:46 PM
Yes, I remember after 9/11 Israel trained a lot of US law enforcement and consulted with US government agencies because the Israelis were considered experts in counterterrorism.

Yes, Israel has a rich history of counterterrorism. Truly, they are God's chosen people.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cassia

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 27, 2021, 12:10:39 AM
Yes, Israel has a rich history of counterterrorism. Truly, they are God's chosen people.
Besides killing civilians, another problem with these attacks by Israel is they serve to further 'jihadize' the region. Hamas has certainly stepped up the fundamentalist restrictions these last few decades and not without some protest.

I wonder if there is any possibility for the so-called three state solution whereby Gaza returns to Egyptian rule, and the West Bank to Jordan, that nation being already comprised of many Palestinians? No solution will make everybody happy, but that answer could work to end the violence and at least provide some stability.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 28, 2021, 12:30:55 PM
That whole corner of the world can go to hell.
Religion...giving hope to people in a world torn apart by religion

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cassia on May 28, 2021, 01:14:42 PM
Religion...giving hope to people in a world torn apart by religion
And blood feuds. Don't forget those. AND, of course, this is the area where organized warfare was invented and perfected.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

European has had a nearly perpetual civil war going since some Italians crossed the Rhine.
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 29, 2021, 08:01:03 PM
European has had a nearly perpetual civil war going since some Italians crossed the Rhine.

Pretty much.

Practice makes perfect.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on May 29, 2021, 09:46:24 PM
Pretty much.

Practice makes perfect.
An Asian friend told me he was okay with Europe being its own continent, otherwise the history of "Asia" would be a whole lot more horrible. I often really do feel somewhat bad for you folks who have to live there, but then Octoberfest comes along and I'm fine for a while.
PZ Myers