News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Inflation

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, May 20, 2021, 09:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

Well, it's here.  Later than I thought it would be, but it's here.

It is breaking through in raw materials, food, and fuel.  Finished products aren't as impacted by it yet.

Some say it will be bad like the 1970s.  Others think that we're heading into territory where the danger is even worse, hyperinflation.

Of course we won't have hyperinflation as long as the dollar is the world's reserve currency.

Still, the way prices are going, and the way the fed is going, it is going to be a bumpy ride.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Sorginak

The issue is that corporate capitalism thinks if people have to be paid more to afford livable wages then the prices of living must increase as well. The absurdity of such a system overwhelmingly ensures a continuing socio-economic divide.

Cassia

I track our monthly expenses and keep a running history, so I will know the exact impact on us. If the Fed responds to inflation by raising interest rates even a tiny bit, investors go ape shit....they will probably let the economy run hot for a while but rates will go up at some point.

SGOS

Lumber prices have turned up dramatically, although that is not the biggest factor in home construction, which is often the leading indicator of the economy.  I haven't been following the other components in the cost of housing.  But the last few years, actually since 2008, the economy has been rather slow, and the last year hurt a lot, but an economic funk is followed by a comeback, and then prices go up, and inflation goes up.  So there will be inflation.

Is it here yet?  I don't know.  I expect it, and it may be, but according to Forbes, the data is not yet in.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/inflation-worries/

aitm

Pssssshaw! All a scam I tell you. Fake news...and other stuff like that. Ima buy me a gun and ammo in case “they” start looting houses.....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Sorginak on May 20, 2021, 09:21:39 PM
The issue is that corporate capitalism thinks if people have to be paid more to afford livable wages then the prices of living must increase as well. The absurdity of such a system overwhelmingly ensures a continuing socio-economic divide.
So not the point.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!