News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A huge test.

Started by Mike Cl, May 19, 2021, 08:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

House Votes To Establish Capitol Riot Commission Over Republican Opposition.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/house-votes-capitol-riot-commission-republican-opposition_n_60a55739e4b099ba753f258c

The Senate appears to be a real stumbling block.  The turtle said he would support such a commission, but now he said, no way! Filibuster time, he says.  Why are the democrats going to allow a filibuster when, apparently they can change that rule.  The dems appear ready to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory--again!!  But this time, not passing the bill in the Senate is another series of nails in the coffin of what used to be a democratic republic.  And it looks like trump and his minions are poised to turn this country into a fascist-like state.  I really hope I am being way too pessimistic, but I have a very bad feeling about this--and what I used to call my country.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Draconic Aiur

My pessimistic self says there's no way it's gonna pass, but I hope it does.