Israel Ramping Up Violence Against Palestinians

Started by Shiranu, May 10, 2021, 06:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch warmonger

The alt-right is a bunch of larpers on the Internet with 0 proposals for how to implement their ideals, whereas you guys are agitating publicly for the destruction of the one Jewish majority country on the planet. Who's the bigger threat to the Jews?

Shiranu

Quote from: arch warmonger on May 18, 2021, 12:35:46 PM
The alt-right is a bunch of larpers on the Internet with 0 proposals for how to implement their ideals, whereas you guys are agitating publicly for the destruction of the one Jewish majority country on the planet. Who's the bigger threat to the Jews?

Interesting you think, "stop bombing kids and stealing people's homes" means the destruction of Israel.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Israeli airstrike damages Gaza Strip's sole covid testing site

QuoteA strike on Monday knocked out Gaza's only Covid-19 testing laboratory, the health ministry said, and the Qatari Red Crescent said a strike damaged one of its offices in the enclave.

The rate of positive coronavirus tests in Gaza has been among the highest in the world, at 28 percent.

Hospitals in the territory, which has been under Israeli blockade for almost 15 years, have been overwhelmed by patients and there are frequent power blackouts.
I suppose Hamas was hiding in there, too. :/

QuoteUS President Joe Biden, having resisted joining other world leaders and much of his own Democratic party in calling for an immediate end to hostilities, told Netanyahu Monday night he backs a ceasefire, but stopped short of demanding a truce.
C'mon, man!  You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards.

arch warmonger

tl;dw

• Biden's call for a ceasefire was non-binding and with no timeframe, just a "general support for a ceasefire"
  • US continues to block any UN resolution demanding a ceasefire
  • Israel interprets this all as a blank check to continue its bombing campaign
  • There is no meaningful plan or process for enacting a 2 state solution

My view of Israel's long term plan, re: the Palestinians.

• The obvious: there is no two-state solution. Israel is constantly annexing land, to the point that no Palestinian government would be able to accept a deal without losing all support.
  • The less obvious: there is no one-state solution. Israel can never integrate the Palestinians because the Israelis are divided and the Palestinians are unified, which would mean total Palestinian dominance of the government.
  • Put one and two together and that means containment and eventually genocide of the Palestinians is the only option left to Israel given past actions.

Hydra009

Genocide (falsely) presented as the only option.  Where have I heard that before?

arch warmonger

• They're not going to vacate their settlements
  • They're not stupid enough to allow Palestinians the vote
  • No US government is going to stop them
  • There is no meaningful domestic political opposition in Israel to a slow cleanse

Like it or not they crossed the Rubicon a long time ago. Ariel Sharon was basically the last hope for a two state solution.

Shiranu

Reporter: “Can I ask you a quick question on Israel? "

Biden: “No, you can’t. Not unless you get in front of the car as I step on it.”

Haha funny prez make joke about fund war crime and kill press for asking.
(In a city that is 47% Arab-American and had multiple protests against him today)
https://twitter.com/nwarikoo/status/1394763932007649281
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on May 18, 2021, 09:15:03 PM
Reporter: “Can I ask you a quick question on Israel? "

Biden: “No, you can’t. Not unless you get in front of the car as I step on it.”
In fairness, like 90% of his conversation with reporters was about the car with him warning reporters that he's going to step on it soon.  Then came the Israel question and then he said that line and said he was just teasing and afterwards floored it.  Still, that was kinda douchey.

Hydra009

arch warmonger

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 18, 2021, 10:54:02 PM

Interesting choice of words.

This is getting dangerously close to making the anti-Semitic accusation that Jews control the media.

trdsf

I will grant that Israel has a right to exist.

That doesn't mean the Palestinians don't.

And in any case, I'm much more convinced that this is Bibi trying to divert attention from his legal and ethical woes.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

Something I vaguely remember reading before, but looking into it now... Israel is literally run by a former terrorist organization.

From the early 1900s until 1948, there was a terrorist organization in Israel known as Irgun, who were most famous for two attacks; the King David Hotel bombing that killed 91 and the Deir Yassin Massacre of 107 Palestinians.

They were much more active on a small scale though, using car bombs and small improvised explosives thrown into crowded markets to injure Palestinians; between 37' and 48' they killed around 500 Arabs (as well as a hundred-some British citizens).

In 48' they realized they should go legitimate, and so they formed the Herut party.

That party is now known as the Likud, which has been in power since 1977.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irgun

arch warmonger

Cassia

Looks like an agreement to cease fire has been made. The IDF's 'iron dome' system seems to work most of the time. The newer long range Iranian rockets may be harder to hit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eSZaCHXBVA

Shiranu

Less than 12 hours in, the Israelis are already breaking the cease fire, injuring several dozen Palestinians at the al-Aqsa Mosque.

Surprise, sur-fucking-prise.

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1395737618432811012