News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Nice Bus Ride

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, June 27, 2013, 09:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I caught the bus just a little while ago and the president and CEO of COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority) got on the bus to announce the driver that was driving (duh) was retiring today after 30 years of service.. You don't hear rounds of applause every day on the bus.. That was nice, huh?  =D> They gave him a gold name plate... shweeet, eh?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

That was nice.  :)  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

And then they booted his ass into a sordid and lonely retirement where he withered away and died. The end.

Smartmarzipan

Ohgawd, COTA buses. I hated those fucking things when I lived in Columbus.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

stromboli

Nothing against you APA, but where I come from a "nice bus ride" is a contradiction in terms.

AllPurposeAtheist

Gee guys.. a 'nice' woulda done, but you're right.. I shoulda taken his gold name plate and cussed him out.. :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

CloneKai

[-X
You people need to ride Pakistani buses

you guys will be much more grateful for any kind of transport which does not involve license less driver, smelly passengers who has no concept of personal space and yelling and food, a lot of inedible, unhygienic food everywhere. and of course don't forget pakistani roads, insane traffics and whatnot. :-&

stromboli

My last nice bus ride was in Boston in 1972. Also my last nice train ride.The Utah Transit Authority has been called "Mormon Cattle Company, Inc."

Johan

Ah you're right, I'm not going to poo poo it.. Having the CEO make a big deal publicly about the retirement of a low level employee is not something you don't often see. Its a nice thing.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful