Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Student loan forgiveness

Started by GSOgymrat, March 02, 2021, 11:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteHow can I benefit from this...

Why does that matter?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 01, 2021, 09:53:04 PM
1) Create a fake online university.

2) Get friends to take out tens of thousands of dollars in student loans paid to your university.

3) Wait for the student loan forgiveness.

4) Split the profit with your friends.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on May 01, 2021, 09:38:33 PM
I already paid back my student loans.  How can I benefit from this...
At one time I would have said a more educated public makes the country stronger, and it would have reduced unemployment and created a larger tax base.

Mermaid

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on May 01, 2021, 09:38:33 PM
I already paid back my student loans.  How can I benefit from this...
Live in a country where people can earn a living wage. Reap the benefits of a happy, thriving economy.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 03, 2021, 02:21:56 PM
Yes. As I said. College is too expensive, so that people that can't afford it, go in to the military because that is their best bet of getting a full education.

You couldn't afford it without going in to the Navy and that is exactly what I am saying about the whole college expense thing.
I didn't plan on going to college when I joined. My plan was to get the fuck out of Indiana. If I had hijacking skills I would have flown out of there sooner.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 02, 2021, 12:45:15 PM
I didn't plan on going to college when I joined. My plan was to get the fuck out of Indiana. If I had hijacking skills I would have flown out of there sooner.
I was reading that college students change their major an average of three times. A girlfriend from Poland says they were tested for aptitude each school year and a "recommendation" was levied by the communist government. Now we don't need that, but in the US...without a strong mentor or role model so many young folks just kind of meander, hoping eventually something will stick. Really lacking in teaching both financial planning and all about career ideas in typical high schools.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Shiranu on May 01, 2021, 09:54:21 PM
Why does that matter?

If the government is going to trample on the economy, I want to be on the side of those doing the trampling and not those being trampled.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cassia on May 02, 2021, 05:44:40 PM
I was reading that college students change their major an average of three times. A girlfriend from Poland says they were tested for aptitude each school year and a "recommendation" was levied by the communist government. Now we don't need that, but in the US...without a strong mentor or role model so many young folks just kind of meander, hoping eventually something will stick. Really lacking in teaching both financial planning and all about career ideas in typical high schools.
I set my plan out while I was on active duty. I did bachelors is Psych and Soc and grad school was History. Got my Masters before my heart started acting up.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers