News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TATTOOS

Started by bob nelson, December 15, 2020, 05:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 16, 2020, 07:34:48 AM
It's a cobra and I also see infinity symbol in it. I don't get the message. What is it?
"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on December 16, 2020, 01:54:20 PM
Can't see the forest for the tress...  :wink:

You'd probably have to be a drag racing fan to know Prudhomme, but if I had to hazard a guess Zilla's tattoo and Prudhomme's snake probably date to the same general late 60s through the 70s timeframe.

That particular snake was drawn on a flight from SeaTac to Hong Kong, departed Jan. 11, 1970, landed Jan. 13, 1970. (Can you guess when my birthday is?) The artist was one of our group and we decided to use the 18 hour layover in Hong Kong to get matching tattoos. Pinky's, the best tattoo parlor in eastern Asia, did all of them in exchange for the original print.

There's only one of them left now.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

CrowTRobot

I have considered getting the triple spiral on the kerbstone at Newgrange in Ireland and lately I've considered Pictish artwork.  I'm a big baby when it comes to pain though so I will probably never get one.  I've seen too many bad tattoos and I just don't want to take the chance of winding up with something hideous I can't get rid of easily.  I've even had dreams about it.
Captain Renault : What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?

Rick : My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.

Captain Renault : The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

Rick : I was misinformed.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 16, 2020, 07:26:34 PM
"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

You have a large penis or your chinese horsocope is snake or it's a group in the army thing. That's all I can think of.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Draconic Aiur

GSOgymrat

Until a couple of years ago, employees at the hospital where I work were required to cover their tattoos. Today I received an email stating that our employer "embraces and celebrates each employee's uniqueness by the Show Us Your Ink campaign. This call for team members to share their tattoos and the meaning behind them is just one of many ways the health system strives to make everyone feel welcome and included." According to the email, the patient response since employees were allowed to show their tattoos has been positive. Approximately 42% of Americans have tattoos.

Hydra009

It's largely a generational thing.

"In 1960, there were approximately 500 professional tattoo artists operating in the United States. By 1995, that number had risen to over 10,000" (Source)  So Boomers and younger generations have differing comfort levels and perceptions of tattoos.

Personally, I don't care about tattoos at work at all if they're not visible (why would I?), but face/neck tattoos kinda weird me out.  I dunno if I'd be okay banking/investing with a guy with one of those Hangover tattoos, lol.

GSOgymrat

It was stated the change in tattoo policy was designed to make younger people more comfortable. Employees cannot display tattoos that could be considered "disruptive or offensive."

Cassia

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 04, 2021, 04:41:48 PM
It was stated the change in tattoo policy was designed to make younger people more comfortable. Employees cannot display tattoos that could be considered "disruptive or offensive."
So Charlie Manson is out.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cassia on May 04, 2021, 07:39:48 PM
So Charlie Manson is out.

Completely unrelated to tattoos, but holy shit I never knew Manson was a Scientologist... and that was probably the least shocking thing I learned this month.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 20, 2020, 02:50:03 AM
You have a large penis or your chinese horsocope is snake or it's a group in the army thing. That's all I can think of.
0/3.
PZ Myers