Facebook account hacked and I can't reset it

Started by caseagainstfaith, March 26, 2021, 09:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseagainstfaith

I haven't left a post here in literally years. But I've got a problem and I thought maybe someone here would have some clue what to do.

This is a bit weird.  I don't even use Facebook very often, occasionally.  My password was changed without my knowledge.  When I try to log in, the Facebook website says that I'm trying to use an old password.   I'm guessing I got hacked.  The site says I can identify myself and take it back.  So, it says it can send me a code via text.  And the number it has to send the code is CORRECT.  But, I never get it.  I've repeated the request to get a code about 10 times since yesterday.  Never get the code.  It says I can also get  a code via email. And the email address it has for me is CORRECT.  But, I never get the code.  Again, I've tried numerous times since yesterday to get the email code.  No dice.  So, it has one last option. It has a option to click, "I no longer have access to these".  So, I clicked that, thinking it might ask me some security questions. Nope, it just says, "tough luck".  Actually it says, "we are unable to help you because we cannot verify your identity.".   Again, it has the right number, I don't get the code. It has the right email address.  I don't get the code.  I don't know what else to try???
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Deidre32

My FB account was hacked, a little differently than yours, though. I was alerted by friends who asked me if I posted that I was selling a BMW. Well, I don't own a BMW, and I went on my profile page and saw all of these strange posts that seemed to be coming from me. I kept deleting the posts, and the hacker would add them back. So, I tried to contact FB, and this made me upset - there really is no customer service to help with this. But, then again...how would I prove that it was my account? So, I deleted my account. There was something that scared me about someone hacking me so easily that turned me away from FB forever. I then added a double layer of protection on all of my credit card accounts and bank account. I think that you're going to have to accept that your account has been taken over by that hacker, and start a new one? It sucks though, for sure. :(
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Shinichi

@caseagainstfaith Hi there, are you still having issues getting your FB back? Did you find any luck in getting it back?

caseagainstfaith

Just FYI, I gave that up my old FB account and created a new one.  I don't use FB that much actually.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Shinichi

@caseagainstfaith: I have a bunch of FB accounts. "Meta" gave me one of the accounts I requested back to me (but this was a while back, around right before "Meta" got its name). All I can say is to keep trying if you're still pursuant to the goal. If they still want to keep doing business with you, they may come around.

Anyways... Good luck and Happy posting! : )