Stop the steal: former GOP state senator charged in sham candidate scheme

Started by Hydra009, March 19, 2021, 04:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

QuoteA former Florida state Republican senator was charged Thursday with three criminal counts involving a sham candidate intended to siphon votes away from a Democratic incumbent.

An arrest warrant says Frank Artiles, the former senator from the Miami area, gave more than $44,000 to the fake candidate in the 2020 election. That candidate, Alex Rodriguez, has the same last name as the then-Democratic incumbent, Jose Javier Rodriguez.

QuoteArtiles is no stranger to controversy.

In 2017, he resigned from the state Senate after using racial slurs in a conversation with two Black legislators in a Tallahassee bar. Then it was revealed Artiles used money from his political committee to hire a former Playboy model and Hooters girl as a consultant.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/former-florida-state-senator-charged-three-criminal-counts-sham-candidate-n1261508

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Of course this happens in Florida. I'm telling you, we'd solve so many problems if we just built a wall around Florida.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 19, 2021, 07:39:13 PM
Of course this happens in Florida. I'm telling you, we'd solve so many problems if we just built a wall around Florida.
Hell no--no fence.  Sell it to Cuba--make some money!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Blackleaf

Conservatives: "Only a tiny percentage of people die from Covid. Why should we have to shut down the country?"

Also Conservatives: "I heard an unsubstantiated claim that some people are committing voter fraud. Let's delay the election, throw out mail-in votes, and make it harder for everyone to vote in general until we fix this thing that is totally happening."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 19, 2021, 10:30:20 PM
Conservatives: "Only a tiny percentage of people die from Covid. Why should we have to shut down the country?"

Also Conservatives: "I heard an unsubstantiated claim that some people are committing voter fraud. Let's delay the election, throw out mail-in votes, and make it harder for everyone to vote in general until we fix this thing that is totally happening."
One is against Dear Leader's wishes and the other is in harmony with Dear Leader (and preserves their power)

Everything makes sense when you throw out logic and empathy and think only in terms of power.

Unbeliever

Interesting how the GOP members have been doing exactly what Russia has also been doing: spreading lies and divisiveness, fear and hate.

Does anyone know yet just who "Q" was?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 19, 2021, 07:39:13 PM

Look, I'm no expert, but getting Mexico to pay for that is going to be a hassle.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 21, 2021, 06:30:26 AM
Look, I'm no expert, but getting Mexico to pay for that is going to be a hassle.
We can make Florida pay for it.