Author Topic: da History Quiz Thread  (Read 785 times)

Re: da History Quiz Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2021, 08:25:05 PM »
Bundle board, I think. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline aitm

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2021, 08:33:41 PM »
Naturally, he has his hand on his sword.....😏
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2021, 09:39:28 PM »
I think it was sweet. The idea of "bundling" was to talk all night and get to know each other. And also the trust the parents had in their kids. If the best you could do was stare at the ceiling you might be "out". Better have a few sonnets ready, LOL.

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2021, 08:39:13 AM »
Actually, in bundling they sewed the young man into a bundle so he couldn't do ... anything. Allowed for "pillow talk" and not much else. One hopes he remember to hit the chamber pot before that.

The open door is another part of the gimmick. "No proper lady should ever be behind closed doors with her suitor."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline SGOS

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2021, 10:42:46 AM »
Actually, in bundling they sewed the young man into a bundle so he couldn't do ... anything. Allowed for "pillow talk" and not much else. One hopes he remember to hit the chamber pot before that.

The open door is another part of the gimmick. "No proper lady should ever be behind closed doors with her suitor."
The good old days.  How we all yearn for a return to normality.  <sigh>

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2021, 12:40:54 PM »
As I understand it the young lady secreted a needle and a bit of thread so as to close  up any holes that mysteriously form in the bundle during the night. I'm sure the place where the hole would form could be found easily in the dark.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers